AIMP @ SourceForge

Any other tech-related topics
lautrepay

AIMP @ SourceForge

#1 Post by lautrepay »

Midas

Re: AIMP @ SourceForge

#2 Post by Midas »

Care to elaborate? To me, it seems AIMP devs are using Sourceforge services for filehosting or alternative download location. According to the licenses at http://www.aimp.ru/index.php?do=eula, AIMP appears to be closed source freeware -- but this has been done before...

JohnTHaller

#3 Post by JohnTHaller »

Midas wrote:Care to elaborate? To me, it seems AIMP devs are using Sourceforge services for filehosting or alternative download location. According to the licenses at http://www.aimp.ru/index.php?do=eula, AIMP appears to be closed source freeware -- but this has been done before...
SourceForge is only for open source applications. The project page for AIMP lists it as AGPL (which it is not). AIMP is closed source and hosting it on SourceForge is a violation of their terms of service. I've filed a ticket to have it taken down.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

procyon

#4 Post by procyon »

Midas wrote:To me, it seems AIMP devs are using Sourceforge services for filehosting or alternative download location.
There is no proof that is done by AIMP devs neither links which point to sourceforge in the official website download page.

Seems more like a isolated guy and non-related to the AIMP dev team.

lautrepay

#5 Post by lautrepay »

Still there... Disconcerting...

procyon

#6 Post by procyon »

Finally !
sourceforge wrote: Whoops, we can't find that page.