PhotoRec 6.6

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Scrounger

PhotoRec 6.6

#1 Post by Scrounger »

Repeating what SimonH communicated. I am having the same problem after downloading the zip file for XP 3X. The :( installation instructions cannot be followed because the current zip file does not contain any folder. Trying to run the .exe file, even from a directory with the entire extracted contents of the zip file, causes a complaint that fileinfo file is missing and an admonition to extract all files and folders. Is this zip file only an update to be applied to installed earlier versions that were furnished with the folders referred to in your instructions? [2007-02-19 16:29]
:?

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

Just tried with no problems.

Download file called "testdisk-6.6.win.zip". MD5 checksum is "54389c1c08fc7c4ad552bfbc2a4b1eeb".

Extracted testdisk-6.6.win.zip. Top-level structure looks like this:

Code: Select all

doc\
dos\
win\
AUTHORS
ChangeLog
README
THANKS
Ran win\photorec_win.exe without a hitch.

Scrounger

PhotoRec

#3 Post by Scrounger »

I downloaded and extracted that file. I still have no subdirectories. I can see the Author etc. file that you mentioned. If I try running the program I get an error message saying that all has not been extracted.

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

Which archiver program are you using to extract the ZIP package?

I would suggest trying to extract with a different archiver, such as PeaZip or Portable 7-Zip.

Scrounger

PhotoRec

#5 Post by Scrounger »

Thanks Andrew. I was using Winzip and when extracted none of the subfolders were present. Using 7zip worked perfectly and extacted the archive as per the instructions. :D