Automatically subscribe to PortableApps.com

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
Arithmomaniac

Automatically subscribe to PortableApps.com

#1 Post by Arithmomaniac »

I use a lot of the programs in the PortableApps package (Firefox, Openoffice, etc.), and I was thinking that it was kind of odd that they had to be clumsily submitted to the forum, as they update relatively rarely yet have unquestioned credentials. Some Administrator should just subscribe to their website and give them priority submission. Otherwise, people will fail to notice programs such as Toucan.

M@tty

Re: Automatically subscribe to PortableApps.com

#2 Post by M@tty »

Arithmomaniac wrote:they update relatively rarely yet have unquestioned credentials
Although I am quite a fan Of John's works, their credentials aren't quite "unquestioned". I suggest you search out some of the threads on Portable PuTTY, for one, or check Simon T's thread about "Official" Firefox Portable.

I do have a subscription to the PortableApps.com RSS feed in FeedReader, and try to post when I see an update. I'll perhaps try to be more active with it.

Arithmomaniac

Re: Automatically subscribe to PortableApps.com

#3 Post by Arithmomaniac »

M@tty wrote:
Arithmomaniac wrote:they update relatively rarely yet have unquestioned credentials
Although I am quite a fan Of John's works, their credentials aren't quite "unquestioned"...
I do have a subscription to the PortableApps.com RSS feed in FeedReader, and try to post when I see an update. I'll perhaps try to be more active with it.
Thanks.

Also, are the WinPenPack (X-Launcher) developer still active?

Arithmomaniac

M@tty

#4 Post by M@tty »

Very much so, have a look at the dates on their news posts.

Andrew Lee

#5 Post by Andrew Lee »

I do subcribe to portableapps.com feeds, along with a large number of others.

On my part, the lack of timeliness of updates is mostly not due to technical reasons, but personal ones (eg. lack of time etc.).

Thanks for the suggestion anyway!