changelog for every new version?

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
the_watcher

changelog for every new version?

#1 Post by the_watcher »

how about posting a changelog for every new version of a program so that we know what's changed/fixed/implemented? what do you think?
i think it's useful to know..

Lupo73

Re: changelog for every new version?

#2 Post by Lupo73 »

I don't know, I think is not needed to store the full changelog of all apps (because you can find it on respective software pages).

freakazoid

#3 Post by freakazoid »

Well... whomever is editing the program entry can add as much as they want for the change log.

See what I did for 1by1 for example:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=90
is it stealth? ;)

the_watcher

#4 Post by the_watcher »

Lupo73 wrote:I don't know, I think is not needed to store the full changelog of all apps (because you can find it on respective software pages).
basically, i thought it would be nice to post a small changelog 'cause i couldn't find what was changed in the new version of DropIt ;)
and i'm not talking about the full changelog, only the latest changes (from the previous version to the new one)..a few more lines of text wouldn't be that much of a problem..
freakazoid wrote:Well... whomever is editing the program entry can add as much as they want for the change log.

See what I did for 1by1 for example:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=90
that's great! i wish more people followed your example...

dot

#5 Post by dot »

the_watcher wrote:how about posting a changelog for every new version of a program so that we know what's changed/fixed/implemented? what do you think?
i think it's useful to know..
I'm all for an additional changelog link in the database, pointing to the changelog on the program's website. Somewhere next to Website - Screenshot - Download - Comments - etc. The changelog is often a bit difficult to find on the original websites. So a convenient link would be useful. With programs that I already use and that got updated, I am always primarily interested in the changelog (which, as said, is sometimes awkward to find).