Install Missing Runtimes With All In One Runtime

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
guinness

Install Missing Runtimes With All In One Runtime

#1 Post by guinness »

I found an article on GHacks about installing missing Runtimes e.g. Java, .NET, Silverlight with a Portable application. I haven't tested because the size was over 120MB. It appears to be legal because the author isn't re-distributing the .NET Framework (it doesn't say about it, but the size of the package points towards this theory.)

If anyone does use/test it, then post on what you thought about it.
Description: The "All in One Runtime 'package combines all important runtime packages that are needed to ensure that all programs will work smoothly.

Features:
- The AiO Runtimes package offers a confortable while the installer offers the option to select which Runtimes to be installed!
- The installer also recognizes already installed Runtimes and displays the appropriate choices from a double jump to avoid installation.
This package exists for x86 and x64 systems!
All In One Runtime* *German Language Only
All In One Runtime - English Google Translate Version

webfork

Re: Install Missing Runtimes With All In One Runtime

#2 Post by webfork »

Outstanding tool for testing various installs and variations on the different Windows library-driven development environments. Someone that wants their software distro to be rock solid no matter what system it ends up on would definitely need something like this.
guinness wrote:It appears to be legal because the author isn't re-distributing the .NET Framework
Seems like it, although if the software somehow gets around forcing the user to read the EULA, the software is not legal.
  • "If you are installing the OS Components on behalf of an organization other than your own, prior to installing any of the OS Components, you must confirm that the end-user (whether an individual or a single entity) has received, read and accepted these terms and conditions. "

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms994344.aspx
In fairness, this requirement is not just Microsoft; all Mozilla Public License products (Firefox, Thunderbird, etc) also have this requirement.

Java does not, which is one of the reasons I'm a fan.

guinness

Re: Install Missing Runtimes With All In One Runtime

#3 Post by guinness »

Thanks for the update on the licensing of this Software. By any chance did you manage to test if it was Portable, because it's a pretty big download. If not then I will try soon.