Cerberus FTP Server

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Cerberus FTP Server

#1 Post by webfork »

Thought I finally may have found a portable HTTPS / SFTP server, but the program just starts and closes on my XP SP3 install. Assuming its just my machine, here's some more info:

Description: (from Softpedia)
  • Cerberus supports FTP, FTP over TLS/SSL (FTPS and FTPES), the SSH2 File Transfer Protocol (SFTP), and web client access over HTTP and HTTPS. Optimized to use very few system resources, Cerberus is easy to administer and can quickly be configured to authenticate against Active Directory and LDAP.

Includes a robust set of integrity and security features, can resume failed file transfers, and offers an easy-to-use manager for controlling user access to files and file operations.

Connection limits and timeouts, security features and IP-level access can all be controlled by the administrator as well as many of other settings.

The Cerberus FTP Server software offers you statistics on connections and robust logging capabilities.

Note: Free for personal, non-commercial use.

PA-formatted release:

appsuser

Re: Cerberus FTP Server

#2 Post by appsuser »

Same thing on my XP computer. Worked in Windows 7, though.

webfork

#3 Post by webfork »

appsuser wrote:Same thing on my XP computer. Worked in Windows 7, though.
Thanks. Posted a bug report to their forums.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

Forum folks got back to me and it looks like the program works. Unfortunately I can't claim portability for two reasons:
  • I have the 2008 redistributable installed on my computer so I can't test if the included DLLs really make the program portable or not.
  • I ran the program without running RegShot first so I need someone else to help me test for settings portability. So far it LOOKS portable.

Having a secure web-based file server on the site was a goal of mine going way back, so any help with this would be much appreciated. The program so far is miles ahead of any other server software (except maybe Filezilla Server in XAMPP), while still being really easy to use.
---

Program Synopsis: Cerberus FTP Server is a powerful, feature-rich, secure file server package supporting both Web and FTP. The program supports event management, IP address controls, DoS protection, individual user and group policies, IPv6 and much more.

License: Freeware for personal use only.

Stealth: No - writes an empty folder to AppData.
Last edited by webfork on Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bad wording -- moved a few things around. Content the same.