Total Updater - Total Commander & plugins updater

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Bluestar

Total Updater - Total Commander & plugins updater

#1 Post by Bluestar »

TOTAL Updater
Total Commander & plugin updater

Direct download link:
  • Download (Latest version: v0.8.6.7 | Release date: 04-01-2014 | 3,6 MB | MD5 (exe): ed2f7f3d077b03a163c61c5292836ec7)
Screenshots: What is it good for?
  • Total Updater is a small tool that helps you to keep your Total Commander & its plugins up-to-date.
    If you are using dozens of plugins for TC / always wants to be sure that you are using the latest version of our beloved filemanager, then this software is definitely for you.
Features:
  • [NEW!] Capability of downloading directly from SkyDrive, rghost.net and solidfiles.com (from 0.8.6)
  • [NEW!] Install the downloaded plugins (may need admin rights)
  • [NEW!] Ability to update Total Commander (may need admin rights)
  • [NEW!] Self-update (may need admin rights)
  • Built-in multilingual support:
    Chinese Simplified, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian
  • Download files through SSL connection (in case the server forces it) - just download the latest zip from this site (x32) / x64 & unzip "libeay32.dll" & "ssleay32.dll" to Total Updater's dir
  • List all of the installed plugins / addons / utilities & search the latest updates for them
  • Advanced version detection routine: detect version based on history/readme files even if embedded verinfo field doesn't exists
  • Advanced version compare routine: compare the files based on local&online version and date (if update found), to minimize the number of false alarms
  • Download selected / marked plugins quickly & easily
    (just double click on an item in the Download dialog to open the url in case a download fails for any reason [ssl connection / redirections / etc])
  • Internal Plugin Database, which helps the utility to detect the plugins based on filename
  • You can add custom new items to UserDB (just search their ID on totalcmd.net, and they're going to override the matching original DB entry)
  • Simply click on "Marked items" / "Confirm updatable item(s) as latest" to avoid false alarms
  • Display additional info of every plugin by double-clicking on it (in English / Russian language - based on system's current locale)
  • Infobox feature - display verinfo & icon of each plugin (right click on the list & choose Show Infobox)
  • Exclude from list option (file / directory)
  • Full Unicode support
  • Portable (no need to install)
  • ... and much more!
Compatibility:
  • Basically any Total Commander version (heavily tested under 7.57a & 8.01)
Version history:
  • You can check the complete list by clicking here.

P.S.: I just found this nice forum and felt like I have to join - hope you guys are going to find this tiny app useful... :)

tproli

Re: Total Updater - Total Commander & plugins updater

#2 Post by tproli »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Does the tool work with portable version of Total Commander?

Bluestar

#3 Post by Bluestar »

@tproli:
Hi and thanks for the greeting!

Of course it operates with portable TC, especially when the utility is being run from Total Commander itself (thus automatically getting its parent directory & path of executable). In the future versions I tend to implement support for more Total Commander-like file commanders (like Double Commander, Unreal Commander etc), as they can work with w*x plugins as well. Btw the tool also includes a built-in Hungarian language, 'cause magyar vagyok szintén, és fontosnak tartom hogy kicsiny szülőhazám nyelvén is beszéljenek a programok. :D Nice to see another Hungarian on the board!

PS.: I found and tried out yeP about just a week ago - its already pretty convenient, good luck with it! :wink:

tproli

#4 Post by tproli »

Great, thanks. I tried it again and it was able to update TC and most of the plugins after specifying custom plugins.ini location (I have "RedirectSection=%commander_path%\settings\plugins.ini" lines in wincmd.ini).
Magyarul: múkodik! :)

I'm using Double Commander for some time now so good to hear that other file managers will be also supported in the future.