Codelobster PHP Edition - free portable IDE

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
clod

Codelobster PHP Edition - free portable IDE

#1 Post by clod »

Hi.

I would like to add our free PHP IDE - Codelobster PHP Edition
http://www.codelobster.com
It has also plug-ins for Joomla, Drupal, Wordpress, Symfony, Yii development and many other PHP frameworks.

PAD URL is:
http://www.codelobster.com/download/clphped.xml

Thanks.

carbonize

Re: Codelobster PHP Edition - free portable IDE

#2 Post by carbonize »

Is that all you are going to say? No mention of how to make it portable or what, if any, dependencies it has?

Craunch

#3 Post by Craunch »

The first sentence on its web page is
Free portable IDE for PHP/HTML/CSS/JavaScript development
so its author obviously thinks that it is portable. I'm running Linux at the moment and can't investigate this further.

carbonize

#4 Post by carbonize »

Yes but the download file is called CodelobsterPHPEditionSetup.exe so as I said instructions would be nice. Yes I could just download and try it but I shouldn't have to.

carbonize

#5 Post by carbonize »

And just to add it looks like you need to get a serial to use it which whilst free does require you to give them your email address.

Craunch

#6 Post by Craunch »

Yes, I see your point - that .exe being labelled as a setup file does seem suspicious.

I'm not overly fond of IDEs anyway, and needing a serial to use it would definitely keep me from even trying it out. I suggest we wait and see if anyone is interested enough to provide more information.

carbonize

#7 Post by carbonize »

OK so I downloaded the installer and ran it. it gets you to select where to install it, then it comes up with what to open with it and has some defaults selected already. After this you get the option to choose portable or not. Surely the portable choice should be first so you can skip the other two settings :-/

Also looked in settings and, if i am reading this right, even in portable mode the option to save to registry is enabled by default :-/

carbonize

#8 Post by carbonize »

For a so called portable program this is horrible. For a start it adds itself to the uninstall list of Windows. It also create multiple folders in user data.