QChartist

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
qchartist

QChartist

#1 Post by qchartist »

QChartist is a free charting software for making technical analysis on any data like Forex, Stocks. It is an open source technical analysis software. It provides a complete set of tools to perform technical analysis on charts and data. It helps to make forecasts mainly for markets but can also be used for weather or any quantifiable data. The program is flexible and its functionalities can be easily extended. You can draw geometrical shapes on your charts or plot programmable indicators from your data. It is also possible to filter or merge data. QChartist has useful features that you can find in very expensive professional software and it's free. With this software you have all the tools you need to make accurate and professional forecasts in order to win on the markets.
download url : http://www.qchartist.net/downloads/QChartist.zip

joby_toss

Re: QChartist

#2 Post by joby_toss »

325MB download, 1.1GB extracted (~56.646 items... quite the app, right?).

Can't confirm portable status on my win7x64:

JohnW

#3 Post by JohnW »

I get the same error message as joby_toss; I run Vista.
There is no RapidQ Dll.

JohnW

#4 Post by JohnW »

I've been surprised that the original poster has not made some effort to respond to the comments.
So ...I'll do it myself!!!!

1. Download the RQCompiler.zip from

Code: Select all

http://rapidq.phatcode.net/download/index.html
2. Extract the files and hence obtain Rapidq32.dll from \Lib
3. Place it in the QChartist root directory.
4. If you now run QChartist you will not get the error message but the program will not run and you will be told to place QChartist in the Root directory (eg C:\QChartist)
5 If you do this it will run. I haven't taken it any further.

Just another point ... I have a suspicion that the file RapidqCC.dll may be required (Just gut instinct). It is available from the same source but I think the OP should try to sort this out.

Finally, I don't install portables in the Root directory. But of course we all make exceptions if the app is particularly useful to us.

qchartist

#5 Post by qchartist »

There is a readme.txt file at the root of the zip archive where the solution is given :

Copy C:\QChartist\Windows\RapidQ32.dll to C:\Windows\

After doing that it will work.

Indeed it may be easier to copy this file to the root of the app as you mentioned.

JohnW

#6 Post by JohnW »

I'm glad that qchartist solved a few issues.

I actually read the readme file in \docs which made no mention of the Rapidq32.dll issue. Perhaps I should have spotted the other readme file but with 1Gb of data to plough through, I plead exhaustion!

Placing the dll in C:\Windows would make this non-portable as far as I'm concerned but fortunately it seems to be OK in the app's root.

Let me say that I do not think this is a good portable program as it stands. It is just too bloated!
I lack the knowledge but do we need ...
Perl, FreeBasic incl Manuals, Borland, PSPad, all the MIT C+ stuff etc (you get my drift)

By all means distribute a package for developers, but for the end-user just the minimum (but improve the help file).

I hope this is not regarded as a rant; I try to be constructive.