Soundbase

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Lupo73

Soundbase

#1 Post by Lupo73 »

Soundbase v2008.01.15
I haven't test it, but the author say "SoundBase is a single executable file, that can be put in any directory. Only after it starts it will create a database and an ini file in the same directory it is started from. SoundBase doesn't use any registry settings, nor does it require a skinfile, so you can also use soundbase if you have only limited access rights, or user control over your pc." ...so it seems to be portable.

Ennovy

#2 Post by Ennovy »

Nice find Lupo73 and I believe it's portable ;-)

Thanks!

Emka

Soundbase is gone, Dajukebox is back

#3 Post by Emka »

Development of Soundbase has been stopped and Dajukebox has been revived to become its successor.
Dajukebox 2012.02.02 is the first official release of dajukebox and contains all the basic functionality you would expect from an album player. First of all you can load your songs into different libraries. After they are loaded you can edit song tags, set ratings, get album art, get song lyrics, album and artists information, and of course you can play them.

Dajukebox supports most popular formats: aac, ape, flac, ogg, mp3 and mp4. By default dajukebox uses the bass dll system, but it will also work with installed directx codecs. But as not all users will have the option to install with administrator rights we added the bass libraries.

Dajukebox is fully portable, you can install it in any directory, but you will need full read/write rights in that directory. All files dajukebox creates are stored within the path. So it doesn't leave any messy tracks in your windows temporary directories. One exception to the rule is the burn control, this is an activex control that needs to be registered with windows OS.

Homepage: http://www.dajukebox.com/joomla/
Download: http://www.dajukebox.com/joomla/index.p ... &Itemid=40
I have not tested the portable version.

joby_toss

Re: Soundbase v2008.01.15

#4 Post by joby_toss »

I got MANY StarBurn related registry keys while testing Dajukebox, under [HKLM\software\Classes].

There is also this (have no idea what it's about):