Several Leak Testing Tools

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
dot

Several Leak Testing Tools

#1 Post by dot »

Again found via that Italian portable apps site.

At this link they offer "Leak Tester tools".

As they didn't mention any homepage in this case, I couldn't find the tools they meant. You have to register to be able to download those tools from that Italian site directly.

But I checked the Internet and found this outstanding leak testing site with 19 leak testing tools available.

http://www.firewallleaktester.com/index.html

All those tools seem to work without any installation. Just one of those, "MBTest", seems to need certain files in system32. A few try to manipulate the registry to change IE's start page. But I suppose, those entries will be removed again.

Luckily, in my case, where ZA didn't react to a threat, WinPatrol detected the intended manipulation in the registry.

AVG keeps raising alarms with all those tools!

The entire site is very interesting and you'll be surprised to learn what things can pass your firewall.

Just wanna draw the gentle reader's attention to the evaluation of the free (darn, it's not free, I just found out), very low resource firewall "Look'n'Stop 2.05" (here) and the way it came out in the test results (second best after Jetico) (here).

Notice:

As some of those leak tester tools work with IE and Windows explorer, or a combination of those, some tool seems to have set back IE to my default browser again. None managed to change my start page, though. So, after testing all of those tools you *might* have to undo a few settings, manually (like start page and default browser). The webpage describes clearly how each tool works.

bilIkopo

Re: Several Leak Testing Tools

#2 Post by bilIkopo »

Winpatrol is a very useful software, and I was its happy user for a long time. But now I use AnVir Task Manager Pro. For me it is more powerful than Winpatrol. Link: AnVir windows startup programs