Updates (Virtual Dub Portable, TeraCopy) - confusion

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
GeddichNixan

Updates (Virtual Dub Portable, TeraCopy) - confusion

#1 Post by GeddichNixan »

Virtual Dub Portable - The updated TPFC entry shows the Ver. 1.9.8 but refers to the PAF package which is at 1.9.2. BTW the latest version of Virtual Dub IS 1.9.8 but it isn't the PAF package.

TeraCopy - The updated TPFC entry shows Ver. 2.05, but on the website there is only the 2.01 available.

Did I miss something?

guinness

Re: Updates (Virtual Dub Portable, TeraCopy) - confusion

#2 Post by guinness »

- Details in the "Whats New!" -

VirtualDub is at 1.9.7 as far as I can see on the PortableApps website and the V2.01 refers to the installation version not the Portable verison. When you download TeraCopy the ZIP contains V2.05.

Plus I never wait for PortableApps to update, I normally manually update and usually update the NSIS installer only when they finally publish an update. (Thats how they do it!)
They have a 24hour update policy!

GeddichNixan

Re: Updates (Virtual Dub Portable, TeraCopy) - confusion

#3 Post by GeddichNixan »

Hi guiness,

The version number (1.9.2) was a typing mismatch, what I meant was 1.9.7. I do not wait for the PAF updates either, but do just like you do, so as I saw your update at TPFC I thought there is a PortableApps update. That was the reason for my confusion.

The matter with TeraCopy is strange. The website shows 2.01 for the installed version and 2.00 for the portable. I downloaded the portable one and unpacked it. The exe version is 2.01 (right click and file properties) but when I run it the version number appearing in the header of the app window is 2.05. BTW, usually the installed version has a higher version number because developers normally treat their softwares installer versions as the primary one.

Anyway thanks for your reply.