Recent Spam

All suggestions about TPFC should be posted here. Discussions about changes to TPFC will also be carried out here.
Zach Thibeau

Recent Spam

#1 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Just to let you guys know, i am the new moderator and as such Ill be helping Andrew and the rest of the team with this. I am going to ask the rest of you tpfc fans to help out by reporting each cases of spam in a pm to either me or others on the moderator team and we handle appropreatly

Dormouse

#2 Post by Dormouse »

It would be helpful if each post had a Report box - much easier to click and send a message this way and it could be sent automatically to the moderator 'on duty' - or all moderators.

Don't know if this version opg phpBB has this facility though. Worth updating if it hasn't. Probably worth updating anyway.

Simon.T

#3 Post by Simon.T »

Dormouse wrote:It would be helpful if each post had a Report box - much easier to click and send a message this way and it could be sent automatically to the moderator 'on duty' - or all moderators.

Don't know if this version opg phpBB has this facility though. Worth updating if it hasn't. Probably worth updating anyway.
Agreed!

LOL, when I started to read thibeaz post I was imaging this: "Just to let you guys know, i am the new moderator and I'LL KICK YOUR ASSES..." :D

SERIOUSLY! ;)

Anyway it is good to hear that you're a new Moderator here on tpfc
Last edited by Simon.T on Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zach Thibeau

Totally

#4 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Dormouse wrote:It would be helpful if each post had a Report box - much easier to click and send a message this way and it could be sent automatically to the moderator 'on duty' - or all moderators.

i totally agree but I also like this one because its still easier to customize

nickoftime

Bravo!!!

#5 Post by nickoftime »

thibeaz,

Glad you are helping out with the moderating... Us TPFC fans (and there are lots of 'em) really appreciate your efforts. One thing I can't stand is some yoyo trying to peddle iPods and such in the forums. If I catch one, I'll let you know immediately!

Anything we can do - we are there for 'youse guys'.

Big shout out to Andrew; great site, my friend!!!

Thanks, all!

Nick

Zach Thibeau

Yeah

#6 Post by Zach Thibeau »

This is a temporary solution until we get the forum fixed up with the antispam mods, even then some will slip will through. Plus i feel like designing a phpbb style for TPFC Forums :-P

freakazoid

#7 Post by freakazoid »

you should use an akismet plugin... if there is one available for phpBB!
is it stealth? ;)

Zach Thibeau

Well

#8 Post by Zach Thibeau »

I do know of it but it's not really coded properly for phpbb and also the developer of the phpbb port of it stopped it

Kermode

#9 Post by Kermode »

Well I don't like this forum because of the way it displays. I need to disable fontsize to be able to read stuff, and this board, instead of simply reflowing text as was the intent of html it doesn't. So i have to scroll left and right for each line ... which makes it quite a chore to read.

Dormouse

#10 Post by Dormouse »

Kermode wrote:Well I don't like this forum because of the way it displays. I need to disable fontsize to be able to read stuff, and this board, instead of simply reflowing text as was the intent of html it doesn't. So i have to scroll left and right for each line ... which makes it quite a chore to read.
Wouldn't Opera solve the problem. Text/Page zoom at whatever level you want and a button to press to get the page to fit the width of your screen?

Kermode

#11 Post by Kermode »

Dormouse wrote:
Kermode wrote:Well I don't like this forum because of the way it displays. I need to disable fontsize to be able to read stuff, and this board, instead of simply reflowing text as was the intent of html it doesn't. So i have to scroll left and right for each line ... which makes it quite a chore to read.
Wouldn't Opera solve the problem. Text/Page zoom at whatever level you want and a button to press to get the page to fit the width of your screen?
What happens when you zoom out?

Things become smaller...

So no, that's why the reflowing design thoughts of the original html was brilliant.

Besides I don't like Opera, it has too many things i hate in it.

I am Baas

Re: Recent Spam

#12 Post by I am Baas »

@Andrew

I suggest that the first few posts of all new users be approved by a moderator before one can freely post to the forum.

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

It's an idea, but then wouldn't more Admins be required to ensure the users message was posted in a reasonable amount of time?

Andrew Lee

#14 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have the same concern as guinness...