Apache OpenOffice

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
stacoma

Apache OpenOffice

#1 Post by stacoma »

[Moderator note: this is the primary OpenOffice program thread. View database entry. You may also want to explore LibreOffice, a project based on OpenOffice that is more active and sees more regular security updates.]

---

OpenOffice Portable is now at v2.04 at http://portableapps.com

Fluffy

#2 Post by Fluffy »

Updated, thanks. Saw this on a newsfeed but it completely slipped my mind. :)

Danix

X-OpenOffice

#3 Post by Danix »

Here is the English version of X-OpenOffice 2.1.0 :D
Please, select the english language first: CLICK HERE :wink:
Download!
Web site

Thank you for your attention! :wink:

dot

#4 Post by dot »

Danix, congratulations to your fine site. Just wanna tell you that without it I'd never have found one of the finest software: "Solfege", the free ear training program. Still can't believe that it's for free. That kind of stuff is usually quite expensive.

Danix

#5 Post by Danix »

dot wrote:Danix, congratulations to your fine site.
Thank you dot! :)
dot wrote:Just wanna tell you that without it I'd never have found one of the finest software: "Solfege", the free ear training program. Still can't believe that it's for free. That kind of stuff is usually quite expensive.
I have found and inserted it because I'm a musician. :wink:

dot

#6 Post by dot »

Yeah, I almost thought so. You also included that cute little program "Recall the melody". I thought, only a musician would do that. ;) What's your instrument(s)? I'm tinkering around with classical guitar and harpsichord, but never had professional (and expensive) ear training, that's why I try sometimes to make up for this deficit with such a program. But that kind of thing is difficult to learn for grown-ups and would have been easy to learn as a child, I always hear. Still it's fun to test oneself once in a while with such a tool as Solfege.

Danix

#7 Post by Danix »

dot wrote:What's your instrument(s)?
Classical guitar too! :)
I'm a teacher in a school in Italy.
(my school and my students: http://www.scuolamedia5-12.com/main/index.php :lol: )

dot

#8 Post by dot »

Ah, I envy you for those pretty guitar pupils! ;) I'll try to check that site out closer soon, as my Italian isn't good enough for casual reading. Maybe I'll get back to you on the guitar topic some time. Thanks for pointing to that site! :)

dot

#9 Post by dot »

Danix, "Solfege" was updated to version 3.6.4!

BTW, if you should ever need any music sheet for classical guitar that you can't find anywhere, you can try and ask me. Got some extremely rare stuff that is no longer available from any publisher. But, I suppose, in schools you will be rather using the routine stuff. Still, if you are hunting for a piece and can't find it anywhere on the globe, you could give it a try and ask me! ;)

Lupo73

OpenOffice 2.2.0

#10 Post by Lupo73 »

X-OpenOffice is updated at v2.2.0
OpenOffice Portable is stoped at v2.0.4...I think it's better if you use this second one as the alternative distribution :wink:

Lupo73

#11 Post by Lupo73 »

why not? ...X-Software is good :wink:

Zach Thibeau

#12 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Lupo73 wrote:why not? ...X-Software is good :wink:
OpenOfficePortable 2.2 is out but as a pre-release

jignesh75

Re: OpenOffice 2.2.0

#13 Post by jignesh75 »

Lupo73 wrote:X-OpenOffice is updated at v2.2.0
OpenOffice Portable is stoped at v2.0.4...I think it's better if you use this second one as the alternative distribution :wink:
no way. openoffice portable is much better. the 2.2 release is in testing over at portableapps.com. it even supports portable java now!!!

most of the x- software isn't as good as the portableapps ones

Zach Thibeau

Well

#14 Post by Zach Thibeau »

Sorry to say thats been there for about a week or so when John Released 2.1 prerelease (uhmm I can't seem to remember the last version before 2.2 he did) but yeah the Javaportable was definetly there

JackL

X-OpenOffice 2.0.0.3

#15 Post by JackL »

Hi,
Recently new version of OO was prepared by Italian guys from winpenpack.com.
Personally I appreciate their work over i.e portableapps.com - not to offend anyone but for me X-soft works faster.