NoteCase - Note Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Perindu

NoteCase - Note Manager

#1 Post by Perindu »

NoteCase is a hierarchical note manager (aka. outliner). It helps you organize your everyday text notes
into a single document, with individual notes placed in the tree-like structure (each note can have its sub-notes, ...).
To ensure your privacy, encrypted document format is supported, along with standard unencrypted format.

* portable mode of starting notecase on Windows (no GTK installation required on host PC)

Website - http://notecase.sourceforge.net/

*note this is my first post am sorry if im not doing so good ;)

USB_Kx

notecase 1.6.1

#2 Post by USB_Kx »

Midas

Re: NoteCase - Note Manager

#3 Post by Midas »

Very old topic update: NoteCase is still around under the guise of NoteCase Pro, a commercial program that can be used for free and even includes a "portable" (untested!) 32-bits version. A version comparison matrix is at http://www.notecasepro.com/features.php.
  • [url]http://www.notecasepro.com/[/url] author wrote:NoteCase Pro is designed to quickly capture, organize, protect, access, and recycle your information. NoteCase Pro strikes the right balance between ease of use and raw power. Available now as a free download for a wide variety of platforms including desktop, netbook and mobile devices. Note that while the unregistered program is quite usable, paid license is required to unlock some advanced features.
NoteCase Pro latest version (currently v4.2.0) can be freely downloaded from http://www.notecasepro.com/download.php.

The old NoteCase is still available at Sourceforge, too.
Attachments
slide_1[1].jpg

smaragdus

Re: NoteCase Pro

#4 Post by smaragdus »

@Midas
The x64 version of NoteCase Pro also offers "Portable Mode Install". If there was an archived portable version I might have tested it even though the program looks overwhelmingly ugly (most of the screen-shots are for MacOS but I don't think the Windows version would look significantly better in case the screen-shots are not very outdated). The "Lite" version seems to be very light indeed, it looks so limited that it is very close to a demo (like almost all "Lite" versions). However NoteCase Pro offers flexible purchasing options- "exact version", "major version", "lifetime", etc. Another good point is that NoteCase Pro is heavily cross-platform- there are Linux, Windows, OS X, OpenSolaris, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and even Android versions. In fact I am still searching for a really good outliner and I wonder whether such a thing exists. Midas, have you ever tried NoteCase Pro? Is it worth testing?

xor

Re: NoteCase Pro

#5 Post by xor »

smaragdus wrote: In fact I am still searching for a really good outliner and I wonder whether such a thing exists.
Me too. Rather than being cross-platform, Outliners should be CROSS-DEVICE more especifically MOBILE, and they should use standard cloud services to sync (eg DropBox, GDrive and the like), I mean SimpleNote shouldn't be the ONLY ONE as its Android version sucks just like most Android outliners, neither should we use PROPIETARY SERVERS to keep "safe" our painstakingly garnered info or our private personal data and... I shouldn't be limited to using the excellent WorkFlowy Chrome App to save everything in a bullet-style text-only structure. Just saying.

Midas

Re: NoteCase - Note Manager

#6 Post by Midas »

smaragdus wrote:In fact I am still searching for a really good outliner and I wonder whether such a thing exists. Midas, have you ever tried NoteCase Pro? Is it worth testing?
  • No, I haven't, sorry. :(

BTW, I'm also very much into the subject. My shopping list would be like this:
    - Markdown
    - Wiki-like functionality
    - Import/export -- from text, at the very least
    - Optional database blob vs. discrete disk files for data.

Pandoc converter integration would be the cherry on top. Currently, I make do with both ResophNotes and wikidPad, none of which perfectly match my needs -- CintaNotes and Zim would be the runners up as potential replacements.
xor wrote:Rather than being cross-platform, Outliners should be CROSS-DEVICE more especifically MOBILE, and they should use standard cloud services to sync (eg DropBox, GDrive and the like), I mean SimpleNote shouldn't be the ONLY ONE as its Android version sucks just like most Android outliners, neither should we use PROPIETARY SERVERS to keep "safe" our painstakingly garnered info or our private personal data and... I shouldn't be limited to using the excellent WorkFlowy Chrome App to save everything in a bullet-style text-only structure. Just saying.
  • Agree 100%. :!:

FYI, I bridge the mobility gap with IAWriter on Android and ResophNotes on Windows -- the former can be used with Dropbox, the later depends on SimpleNote for synchronization...