Torvox - Portable Vidalia Bundle

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
M@tty

#22 Post by M@tty »

Version 1.3.2.0:
  • Updated to Tor 0.1.2.17 and Vidalia 0.0.14
  • Starts Privoxy Minimized rather than hidden
  • Changed Tor Data Directory to "Data\Tor"
  • Deletes stray Tor state file left in user's %AppData% folder
  • Updated info in Readme file
Download link:
MiHD: http://mihd.net/g8xoqt

zikarus

#23 Post by zikarus »

Good news! Please keep going - have you ever thought about a home for Torvox?

BR
z.

M@tty

#24 Post by M@tty »

I have a web-site, I just don't really have the time to write any content for it. I will get round to it sometime, and it will have a couple of the currently unreleased portable applications I have witten.

Silivrenion

#25 Post by Silivrenion »

This program, and all Tor Portable versions, are not completely stealth, because they leave a remnant called "state" in the AppData/tor folder. Torvox tries to take care of this by deleting the file on startup, but when you close down the program, it does not take care of this problem.

This is a bug with Tor itself, but it should be noted that until this bug is resolved, neither software package can be said to be truly stealthy.

M@tty

#26 Post by M@tty »

So you are saying that when Tor is closed, it creates a State file?

Can someone please confirm this, as in all my tests I find no State file being created on closure. :?

And while I agree Torvox is not 100% stealthy, it is as stealth as OperaUSB. OperaUSB cleans its cache up after itself (but a file undelete could easily recover this), and in the database is classed as stealth.

LzBy1

Download Link Broken

#27 Post by LzBy1 »

Just wanted to inform you that the MiHD download link for Torvox isn't working. HiHD said their server is down. Have you considered MediaFire to host the file?

Update: The download server is working again.

zikarus

#28 Post by zikarus »

Hello M@tty,

any plans on releasing a new version of Torvox including Vidalia v0.0.15 (which seems to be a major upgrade) and Tor ...18.

Would be great... :D

BR
zikarus

Btw. How about a version with Tor 0.2.0.9 alpha (or is this to far from usable yet?)

M@tty

#29 Post by M@tty »

I was not aware therere was a new version of Vidalia out yet. I will of course integrate it into Torvox for the next release, but for now you can just put the Vidalia executable into the 'App' directory.

As for the Tor beta, not until it's release.

zikarus

#30 Post by zikarus »

Hello once more,

it would be nice if you could inform us about the latest news concerning Torvox and/or the possible conjunction with the Portable Tor project.

Looking forward to an update btw - something in the pipeline for the latest Tor-release?

BR
zikarus

M@tty

#31 Post by M@tty »

I noticed the new Tor release last night. There is already a combined version written, with the new Tor version included, I just need to send it to Steve to see if he has any suggestions.

Should be with you in the very near future!

zikarus

#32 Post by zikarus »

Great! Congrats that you two work together now...
:D