AoA Audio Extractor

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
deetee

AoA Audio Extractor

#1 Post by deetee »

Hi,

i found a nice small freeware audio extractor on a CD of a german magazine. I extracted the setup file with UniExtract and got a exe file that runs from my usb stick.

So i think it is portable, but you should check it again.

Here is th website: http://www.aoamedia.com/audioextractor.htm

Drutt

#2 Post by Drutt »

Looks good
Had to use Inno though with 1.8.8 and I'm not so pro with reading necessary reg entries, but Regshot captured a few relating to "SkinCrafter", which looks likely to be used by the GUI of the app, I'll let a more seasoned portable guru comment on that...

Good find though!

powerjuce

admin...

#3 Post by powerjuce »

I extracted to a folder on an admin account. But when i tried to run it from a limited account it did not work
the exact message was

Code: Select all

Please run this program from the Administrator account so it can set up your license. Once the license is set up, you can run it from any account.
i am not sure that it can be considered portable...

castman

#4 Post by castman »

This program is very weird !

What powerjuce said didn't happen to me (I really started it from limited account).

However this application has no title bars, you move the window through the square.

Plus the fact the previous version 1.2.0 had the executable 950KB~ of file size. Now the executable of version 1.2.5 weighs only 132KB !!!

However Universal Extractor says they are different builds. Well, it still does the job great.

I forgot to say 2 things. The button to convert has no text. The program says it's version 1.3.0 while the site says it's version 1.2.5.