Free UPX 1.0

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
jack

Free UPX 1.0

#1 Post by jack »

(Please, forgive me my poor English)

Free UPX is an advanced graphical interface for the UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables).

It allows you to compress (and decompress) files produced according to Microsoft Portable Executable and COFF Specification (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL and other). It offers easy access to all documented and undocumented UPX parameters without the need for command line usage.

Free UPX is designed for UPX 3.02w - the last stable version in April 2008.

100% freeware! - for commercial and non-commercial use. No limitations, no adware, no spyware.

Program page: http://www.freeupx.glt.pl
Download: http://www.dhost.info/jack1024/download ... ee_UPX.zip
Release date: April 1, 2008
File size: 584 KB
Screen 1: http://www.dhost.info/jack1024/_img/free_upx_main.png
Screen 2: http://www.dhost.info/jack1024/_img/fre ... vanced.png

Full specification & description is available on the program page.

----------------------------------

This application is distributed within a ZIP file and don't need any installation. To use it, just extract archive and run fupx.exe. By default, this program doesn't use system registry and can be run from portable devices. All settings are written to INI file. Free UPX offers integration with the system shell (writes to registry), but this is optional.

fenixproductions

#2 Post by fenixproductions »

Really nice tool but... it stopped working for me twice.

I've just wanted to test this tool so I've been ccompressing diferent files. Aftaer 5th file this software stopped working giving an error which says "There is no file in directory" for every next file. How can it be? I know what am I dragging or opening.

Second try was almost the same, only file was 8th.

Third try and 20 files tested. Good for now.

Drutt

#3 Post by Drutt »

Not sure if this is in the DB, search came up with nothing, but anyway...

Updated to Free UPX 1.1
Graphical interface for the UPX packer. UPX 3.02w, Ultimate Packer for eXecutables, EXE packer

Free UPX is an advanced graphical interface for the UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables). It allows you to compress (and decompress) files produced according to Microsoft Portable Executable and COFF Specification (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL and other). It offers easy access to all documented and undocumented UPX parameters without the need for command line usage.

http://www.pazera-software.com/products/free-upx/

DL:
http://www.pazera-software.com/download ... ee_UPX.zip

I am Baas

Re: Free UPX 1.0

#4 Post by I am Baas »

Free UPX 1.3 released May 7, 2010

Download @ http://www.pazera-software.com/products/free-upx/

infimum

#5 Post by infimum »

FreeUPX 1.4 released.

portackager

#6 Post by portackager »

I found only 2 UPX tools in the database, I think this one is by far the best.

Lupo73

#7 Post by Lupo73 »

You can test ArcThemALL! and report me your opinion ;)
(we are working on the next improved version in these days)

guinness

#8 Post by guinness »

Tested: Portable

JohnTHaller

#9 Post by JohnTHaller »

portackager wrote:I found only 2 UPX tools in the database, I think this one is by far the best.
There are a few different tools. Free UPX is handy because it gives you fine-grained access to everything UPX has settings wise. We have it packaged in PortableApps.com Format so that it also portablizes your settings file and updates any drive letters in there as you move around. If you want to control every single aspect, Free UPX is the best frontend for that.

As for all-in-one click and go shrinking of apps, the PortableApps.com AppCompactor is what we use at PortableApps.com and what we recommend for both publishers and users. It's a fully open source tool that combines UPX with 7-Zip so you can recompress DLLs, EXEs, IRCs, BINs, PYDs, ZIPs and JARs. It has the standard UPX settings included (including uncompress), tests each binary file once compressed to ensure it compressed properly, automatically slips any PortableApps.com Launchers (since NSIS's self-CRC check which helps prevent virus infections detects compression the same way) and even uses any configuration options specified in app's configuration files that tell it what files to include or ignore. And the recommended settings is what we've found through hundreds of tests to be the best in terms of compaction and compatibility since we first launched Portable Firefox over 6 years ago (we UPXed it back then). If you're looking to compress whole apps reliably and automatically, then AppCompactor is the tool you should try.
PortableApps.com - The open standard for portable software | Support Net Neutrality

ChemZ

#10 Post by ChemZ »

Wonder why this isn't in the database?
It's a pretty niffy piece of software compared to the 2 others as portackager said.

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

Wonder why this isn't in the database?
I am little busy to add it to TPFC, but if you would like to ADD it then by all means. :)

ChemZ

Free UPX v1.4

#12 Post by ChemZ »

Added! Checked it out at Free UPX v1.4.

Free UPX is an advanced graphical interface for the UPX (Ultimate Packer for eXecutables).

It allows you to compress (and decompress) files produced according to Microsoft Portable Executable and COFF Specification (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL and other). It offers easy access to all documented and undocumented UPX parameters without the need for command line usage.

The most important features:
- Compression and decompression executable files (EXE, DLL, OCX, BPL, CPL, SYS, AX, ACM, DRV, TLB and other).
- Easy access to all UPX command-line parameters.
- Displaying detailed informations about compressed files: original file size, compresson ratio, UPX version, compression level and other.
- Predefined UPX profiles for beginners. Advanced users can define custom profiles.
- Don't need any installation. Just extract ZIP archive and click fupx.exe file.
- Portability. This program can be run from portable devices. All settings are written to INI file.
- Shell integration (optional).
- 100% freeware! - for private and commercial use. There are no limitations, adware, spyware.

Free UPX Homepage

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

Thanks ChemZ for Adding to TPFC.

ChemZ

#14 Post by ChemZ »

:)