Image Viewers

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Darkbee

Image Viewers

#1 Post by Darkbee »

Here are a couple of very small image viewers I've come across:

Pix
Synopsis: Pix is a small stand-alone application that is useful for distributing on CDs or other media so that users can instantly view images on that media. It lists all supported images it finds (plus any child directories) and can then display them as a fullscreen slideshow. Note, that the slideshow only displays the images in the current directory. Supported formats are JPEG, GIF and BMP.

Writes settings to: None

How to extract: Download PiX.zip, extract and click PiX.exe to run.

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Unspecified

Download: Pix.zip

LittleViewer
Synopsis: As the name says, this is a little image viewer with a treeview, displaying supported images found and preview pane. Has the bear minimum of features but useful if you just have several directories of images to browse. My only gripe is that it only displays one image at a time rather than whole directory with thumbnails but it might be useful none-the-less. Supported formats are JPEG, GIF and BMP.

Writes settings to: From what I can tell there are no options to save except "always on top" and this doesn't appear to be saved with each application exit. RegShot detected no changes in the registry.

How to extract: Download LittleViewer.zip, then extract and click LittleViewer.exe to run.

License: Freeware

System Requirements: Microsoft 98, NT , 2000, or XP.

Download: LittleViewer.zip

Andrew Lee

#2 Post by Andrew Lee »

I have posted both LittleViewer and Pix to the database.