yaP - yet another Portablizer

If you are currently developing portable freeware or planning to do so, use this forum to discuss technical implementation, seek out like-minded developers for partnership, or solicit interested users for beta testing.
-ElCoyot-

Re: yaP - yet another Portablizer

#421 Post by -ElCoyot- »

I'm back with my problems.Is it possible to register something in .ini to immediately disable the application access to the Internet.

Midas

#422 Post by Midas »

-ElCoyot-

#423 Post by -ElCoyot- »

Midas wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:32 am Please check http://yap.rolandtoth.hu/#keyword__requireonline ...
This is a bit wrong, I want to immediately close the program's access to the Internet, no questions asked.Using the example of VMware thinapp entry .ini file "isolation_full HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\system\CurrentControlSet\services\tcpip".

Midas

#424 Post by Midas »

yaP is a program launcher, not really a sandbox -- you'd better try Sandboxie, perhaps... :|

Llewelyn

#425 Post by Llewelyn »

-ElCoyot- wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:34 am Hello friends.Can someone show an example of a portable program where the "workdir" variable is used.
Java programs. Workdir is the installation directory of the program, the location of jar file. A random example (XDM the old version)

Code: Select all

; configuration file for yaP v0.7.1.5 (http://yap.rolandtoth.hu/)
; application name: Xtreme Download Manager
; version: 7.2.11
; website: https://xtremedownloadmanager.com/

[GENERAL]
application = App\java-runtime\bin\javaw.exe
commandline = -Xmx1024m -jar xdman.jar
workdir = App

[BEFORE]
dir = %UserProfile%\.xdman

[AFTER]
-file = %UserProfile%\.xdm-global-lock
-dir = %Temp%\hsperfdata_%UserName%

sl23

#426 Post by sl23 »

Is this app now dead? Any chance of updates? Is there anything up to date that can replace this? I currently use X-Launcher which is even more outdated, looking for something to replace it with.
Thanks.

lwc

#427 Post by lwc »

sl23 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:48 am Is this app now dead? Any chance of updates? Is there anything up to date that can replace this? I currently use X-Launcher which is even more outdated, looking for something to replace it with.
Thanks.
You're well aware you and I already discuss this in another thread.
yaP was abandoned in 2016, and in its case I've actually made a comparison with AutoRun LWMenu.
Also specifically with yaP, a member of these forums agreed to migrate from it to my program after asking me to recreate various features from it (it's all through this thread).

sl23

#428 Post by sl23 »

Sorry I was just making sure! Just want to be sure there are no other options. I didn't settle on the first Notepad, File Manager, Media Player, etc, alternatives I tried back in the day. I'm just checking I haven't missed some other launcher I'd never heard of. :)

Like I said, I found the GitHub page confusing, to the point it put me off using your launcher, but as you are saying it is similar to X-Launcher, I am willing to try it and see for myself. That initial impression is important with most things in life, doesn't make it right or wrong, just an impression. But it can be enough to make people look elsewhere, which I did. But you've shown me that it's not what it appears to be, or rather that it is more than a menu. :D

I'm moving over to your thread and will post questions there now. Thanks.