PasteBin powered by PasteBin.com

Discuss anything related to portable freeware here.
guinness

PasteBin powered by PasteBin.com

#1 Post by guinness »

PasteBin (powered by PasteBin.com)
Download: http://softwarespot.wordpress.com/software/pastebin/

Description:
PasteBin is a simple application powered by PasteBin.com and is designed to help you create, store and manage your PasteBin’s even if you use a Guest account. With a simple user interface (UI) and easy to use system, you will be creating and managing your PasteBin’s in no time at all.

To get full use of the PasteBin features, create an account on PasteBin.com before using the application. These extra features will include the ability to delete created pastes and post using a recognisable name.
Last edited by guinness on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

guinness

Re: PasteBin powered by PasteBin.com

#2 Post by guinness »

From the feedback I received I just updated the application again with the improvements requested. Link can be found in the original post.

I would also like to thank atomizer, Lupo73 & webfork for helping me test this application in the beginning.

guinness

#3 Post by guinness »

So for anyone who caught the last update you will see I have added extra features and the GUI is looking a little different from before. All that remains is tweaking the UI and backend code to be efficient and then it should be ready for a stable release. See OP!

Once again thanks to those who have helped with testing this application in the past and the last couple of days.

guinness

#4 Post by guinness »

Would anyone be against me adding this to TPFC? I am happy not to if people feel this doesn't belong here or I'm using TPFC to gain popularity!

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

Come on, you shouldn't even be asking that!

Let's see if it gets the votes! ;)

guinness

#6 Post by guinness »

I'm sorry.

guinness

#7 Post by guinness »

OK, so this is the last update before I look at officially releasing the Freeware Portable Application. With the 'Stable' release I will have a couple of languages available for those who don't use English and hopefully more to come. Again any suggestions are much appreciated and thanks to those who have tested this application :)

joby_toss

#8 Post by joby_toss »

Will it support file uploading?

When it is maximized, the window loses few pixels out off the screen...so it appears for me.

guinness

#9 Post by guinness »

Will it support file uploading?
You can drag a File onto the application and it will read the contents of the File, from there you can upload.

What PasteBin.com can do this application can do. But the application can also keep a history of pastes if you post as Guest which PasteBin.com doesn't do, in the past you had to keep a personal record or your pastes.
When it is maximized, the window loses few pixels out off the screen...so it appears for me.
Are you on Windows 7 x64? Because I don't see this? Which side is it?

I think PasteBin.com is a great resource for those that want to upload their SourceCode and use Syntax Highlighting e.g. AutoIt to then pass onto someone else, but with the visual representation of what the code would look like in an IDE.

joby_toss

#10 Post by joby_toss »

guinness wrote:You can drag a File onto the application and it will read the contents of the File, from there you can upload.
Excellent!
guinness wrote:Are you on Windows 7 x64? Because I don't see this? Which side is it?
Yes, win7x64, but it is not the cause.
The culprit is my Powerpro sidebar (always on top, reserved side screen space). It makes PasteBin's window maximize "a little more" than it's supposed to (in every direction), when not restarted for a longer period of time. It makes other apps behave strange, too.
I sould've double check that, my bad!

One other thing: it appears to have a higher than expected CPU usage...especially when its window regains focus. Is it just me?
Last edited by joby_toss on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guinness

#11 Post by guinness »

Phew! Never used the Powerpro Sidebar before, but perhaps I could download it and find a workaround?!! Thanks for testing this pre-release. I didn't want to release the Full Version until little bugs were detected. Do you know where I can download the Powerpro Sidebar? I can't seem to find it.

joby_toss

#12 Post by joby_toss »

PowerPro is available here.
But I think my personal setup is at fault here (for example it makes FreeCommander lose its 50/50 panel proportions every time I maximize FC)...and if I restart PP, these glitches stop for a period of time...don't know if you should waste time on this.

Here's a screenshot (too big to put img tags).
I included also the task manager with PasteBin's CPU usage when it gets focus.

guinness

#13 Post by guinness »

I have intentionally reduced the RAM to about 0.5MB (which is pretty decent!) but that CPU seems a little high. I just did a quick test and I got about 1 or 2 and then when it use maximum was about 14.

Thanks for the link, I will try to see if I can find a "hacky" workaround.

joby_toss

#14 Post by joby_toss »

Here is a video demo to better understand what's happening in my case.

Steps to reproduce (my) problem:
-start PasteBin
-maximize PasteBin
-close PasteBin
-start PasteBin

Result:
-PasteBin's windows is a little off screen, but also not in maximized state (although it is a little bigger than the screen).

guinness

#15 Post by guinness »

OK, it does look like PowerPro's problem, but I have uploaded a possible FIX! Link in OP.