CRegistry Comparison (registry snapshot & compare utility)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

CRegistry Comparison (registry snapshot & compare utility)

#1 Post by Midas »

Old new program with no former mention at TPFC: CRegistry Comparison.

In my brief testing in Windows 7 x64 SP1, CRegistry Comparison is portable after MSI extraction.

Fairly fast, but creates discrete CRE files for each registry hive you instruct it to snapshot; doesn't monitor filesystem activity.

Minus aspect: CRegistry Comparison doesn't accept the usual hive abbreviations (e.g, "HKCU") in its path field...
  • [url]http://sourceforge.net/projects/cregistry/[/url] author wrote:[CRegistry Comparison] is simple, easy and fast registry comparison tool. You can watch all registry changes. Like you install a new software and want to check what changes done then just compare your registry with old snap shot (that is created by this software).
Download CRegistry Comparison last release (currently v4.1.1.2) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cregistry/files/.

tactictoe

Re: CRegistry Comparison (registry snapshot & compare utilit

#2 Post by tactictoe »

Download CRegistry Comparison last release (currently v4.1.1.2) from http://sourceforge.net/projects/cregistry/files/.
is a MSInstaller file as mentioned.

After extraction with 7zip I got 49 files part of the installation script. I am sure you used something else for extraction, I am curious here (reason of this post).
Part of MSI exe file.png
Some exe file, none of course usable.
Tried to find a link to the portable version via a search on goolge for CRegistry Comparison and CRegistry Comparison portable. No useful link for a portable version or a way to make it portable. :(

Did not install the software for test.

Otherwise, very nice catch.

Some other snapshot and description can be found here: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... tain-time/

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

tactictoe wrote:is a MSInstaller file as mentioned. After extraction with 7zip I got 49 files part of the installation script. I am sure you used something else for extraction, I am curious here (reason of this post).]
Either Less MSIérables or jsMSIx work. I believe Universal Extractor Mod (both gora and Koros version) can extract it too.

tactictoe

#4 Post by tactictoe »

@I am Bass
Thanks for the Info.

Using jsMSIx I finally have this software to work, will test now, :)

tactictoe

#5 Post by tactictoe »

My 2 cents:

Run under windows 8.1 64bits system with now crash from extracted file. Easy to use and great tool to create a snapshot of the registry before and read another one after modification has been done by a software. Now to make this software portable after an unusual extraction, I don't have a clue. I will muck around for sure, trial and error is the key here for me... unless someone has already find a way.

Now, this software combined with Revo uninstaller is my solution to hard uninstall of software.

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

Eventless extraction with LessMSI, resulting in files and folder structured as depicted below. I tested in Windows 7 x64 SP1 with PrIMo (a native 64-bits fork of Regshot, which I highly recommend) and found no other relevant traces...

tactictoe

#7 Post by tactictoe »

Run under windows 8.1 64bits system with now crash from extracted file
Did I write that? Please read: with no crash from extracted file.

@MIDAS LessMSI sounds a better extractor compared to my result of extraction. Thanks to share the snapshot.