Comodo Dragon (Web Browser)

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
mrpink

Re: Comodo Dragon Internet Browser

#16 Post by mrpink »

lautrepay wrote: @moderator: Reiterating my request, please, move this thread to the Submission subforum. Thanks in advance.
Yes, that should be a good idea.
Dragon is almost stealth, leaves behind the (empty) registry keys

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MozillaPlugins
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins

Also the flash plugin writes to the registry

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Macromedia

but you can avoid that by copying Chrome's custom flash plugin to Dragon's directory and not using the normal one (that goes for all Chromium-based browsers. You can also copy Chrome's pdf plugin too)

Download the installer, run it, choose portable mode and untick flash player's installation

*Last time i tried this i couldn't make the extensions work right, now i can not apply a 3rd party theme :evil:

webfork

#17 Post by webfork »

lautrepay wrote:@moderator: Reiterating my request, please, move this thread to the Submission subforum. Thanks in advance.
All set.

As I don't watch every thread that comes up (especially for products by Comodo, which I avoid) you might want to msg me or Andrew directly to move threads.

lautrepay

#18 Post by lautrepay »

webfork wrote:As I don't watch every thread that comes up (especially for products by Comodo, which I avoid) you might want to msg me or Andrew directly to move threads.
My excuses, webfork. I just didn't want to bother you with PMs. I'll follow your advice next time. Thanks!

With respect to Dragon, I am not a Comodo's products fan either. But, apart from Opera and a couple of Trident-based apps, there's no natively portables, full-featured browsers around. For example, I personally like Qupzilla, but it still lacks a critic mass of users to take-off. Right now it is perfect as a second or third browser, but needs more development (and developers) to be the main option.
So, Dragon would be an interesting option for many users, since it's based on Chromium and shares with it the extensions.

By the way, nobody show interest in these builds. I'm using this modified versions of Firefox and Thunderbird right now and I'm very pleased with them... I'am not able to test if they are stealth or not, but in this case I really don't care.

lautrepay

#19 Post by lautrepay »

Comodo Dragon 19.1 available.
IMPROVED:
Chromium core 19.0.1084.52.
Download @ http://download.comodo.com/dragon/Drago ... rowser.php :!:

Midas

Re: Comodo IceDragon

#20 Post by Midas »

Old topic update: while trying to find Comodo IceDragon I was redirected to Comodo Dragon without notice, whose last release is v120.0.6099.110 from last December (changelog at https://forums.comodo.com/t/360508; downloads from https://www.comodo.com/home/browsers-toolbars/browser.php).
New Features:
Updated to Chromium v120 codebase.
Comodo IceDragon was supposed to be based on Firefox's Gecko engine, but that is no more, apparently:
Comodo IceDragon is a discontinued Firefox-based open source web browser from the Comodo Group for Microsoft Windows.

On top, I had trouble downloading the 64-bit version, since most attempts would only yield a 'dragonsetup.exe' that tried to install the 32-bit version.

I eventually managed, though, and the portable option pointed above by lautrepay was still given in both bitnesses.
Final word of warning: no idea if the caveats previously discussed here at TPFC (cf. viewtopic.php?t=6148) still apply, so user discretion is highly advised!