Text Editor Anywhere

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
infimum

Text Editor Anywhere

#1 Post by infimum »

[Moderator note: this is the primary Text Editor Anywhere program thread. View database entry]

----

Text Editor Anywhere allows you to edit text anywhere with your favorite text editor. It provides a means of taking advantages of some advanced features (like auto-completing, spell checking and syntax highlighting) that are only available in an external text editor. It may also save you from web browser crashes.

http://www.listary.com/text-editor-anywhere.html

jmsmith

Re: Text Editor Anyware

#2 Post by jmsmith »

Very interesting software also for programmers who is using a C++ language. I had also encounter C++ before and it is hard for me to edit it on text without opening the command prompt. We just attached the save file when we want to share it to others.

lautrepay

#3 Post by lautrepay »

Added. If you like it or it's useful for you, vote here.

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

I like this program -- can see it saving quite a few keystrokes trying to get to your editor of choice for a given bit of text. Is it an email you need Microsoft Word for? Is it source code that you need NotePad++ for? Is this going in a presentation and you'd like OpenOffice Impress? Big help to be able to jump text from one place to another.

I'm thrilled about this because I finally have a bridge program between my program for editing text (notepad++) and a encryption program (GPG4USB). I was using a very old version of Windows Privacy Tray for this functionality.

Negative:
* Doesn't work with all programs (once I get it over to GPG4USB and run the encryption, it won't go back to my email). Edit: Latest version of GPG4USB works now.
* Don't think it works with relative file locations.
* Couldn't edit a link to a program. You just delete and start over.
* You can't select part of your text and move it to another program. You have to grab the entire document and move it. Really this is a minor issue.

3D1T0R

Typo: Anyware

#5 Post by 3D1T0R »

In the title of this thread: "Anyware" should be "Anywhere".
Can this be fixed please?

webfork

Re: Text Editor Anywhere

#6 Post by webfork »

3D1T0R wrote:"Anyware" should be "Anywhere"
Fixed