Total Text Container

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
joby_toss

#46 Post by joby_toss »

Same thing happening for me too (that error).

mtirnanic

#47 Post by mtirnanic »

On which OS r u running it on

jar

OS running

#48 Post by jar »

Hello,

I have Windows XP (English) with SP3 installed.

Jar

UPDATE : I am using PRO also.
Last edited by jar on Wed May 27, 2009 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

joby_toss

#49 Post by joby_toss »

Sorry about not giving more details!

WinXPProSP3

jar

question and feature request

#50 Post by jar »

Hello,

Question : should I put all posts about TTC in this post? Seems a bit strange. I don't mind but normally I would make a different post for the following feature request.

Feature request : Can you make a option for 'backup' in the file menu? Now a .bak file is created when you save it. But only one per day. I know I can get it to make one for every minute but when the file gets bigger it takes a lot of space.

I would like it when the current 'save' would save to the current file (demo.zxx for instance) and that the new 'backup' would make a demo<date>.bak file as the current 'save' does.

This way I can control when a backup is made and prevent very large numbers of .bak files as I tend to save a lot (bad experience in the past).

Thanks for considering.

Kind Regards,
Jeroen

mtirnanic

#51 Post by mtirnanic »

I'll do an update on the backup thingy magingy for you on the next release, jar.

I've added a Version totaltextv0.a076b on the TTC. that should fix the float problem.

jar

Thanks for the quick reply

#52 Post by jar »

Hello,

Thank you for the backup thingy. 0.76b did not solve the floating point problem.

Jar

joby_toss

#53 Post by joby_toss »

Last version (0.76b) solved my problem.

Here is the proof (video recording ~1.8MB):
http://www.mediafire.com/?5nzmxxlnwzu

Later edit: I've just noticed that the settings from the configuration dialog are not saved correctly (they are not remembered between sessions) - v0.a076b.

Anyone else having this problem?

mtirnanic

#54 Post by mtirnanic »

Woohoo! TTC's first video :)

Your Tiger Claw is fast master Sipho!

#55 Post by 369 »

joby_toss

#56 Post by joby_toss »

@369
Did you use the latest executable?
http://mtirnanic.googlepages.com/TotalText.zip

mtirnanic

#57 Post by mtirnanic »

Thanx 369. As strange as it sounds but Cause of that pic i was able to find that bug which I've been after all week.

New version out.

V 0.A077 (2009 May 29)
--------
* Grepsearch finds and "Locates" data from the frame now. Frames still todo ..."Folder", "Catalog" and "Code Producer".
* Most frames have a "Search" and "Search Next" feature now. Frames still todo ..."Folder", "Catalog" and "Code Producer".
* Changes to the CodePro Frame
# CodePro load Bug Fixed.
* Changed the TLoopStart and TLoopEnd function to itarate through all lines inbetween. no need for one long liner's.
+ Added "TLoopListTableStart~ParenNameOrParentID~" Command
* Changed the "Text Files.hgl" so that the Hyphen (') doesn't contain a range.

jar

Thanks for 0.77

#58 Post by jar »

Hello Mtirnanic,

This version fixes my floating point error and also thanks for the 'Save + time'. Now I can have multiple backup's each day without the many backup files created when you use 'backuptime=1'.

Can you confirm that the saving now works as follows (using demo.zxx) :
- When you edit a auto-save frame and you leave it (example : selecting another tree-item) TTC saves to the demo.zxx.

- When you edit your file and save using "File > Save" then TTC creates a demo<date>.bak file and saves to demo.zxx?

- When you edit your file and save using "File > Save + time" then TTC creates a demo<date-time>.bak file and saves to demo.zxx?

Is this correct?

Jar

UPDATE : Seems I was a little to fast. Since 0.77 I constantly have errors when closing the application. No data lost but doesn't feel right. I will post a screenshot tomorrow. Anybody else ... ?

#59 Post by 369 »

1. This was the version 076b, downloaded morning. Now try 077. While this problem does not occur.
2. There are other problems:
2.1. When I run the TT was called only Demo.zxx, the last open container of TT did not remember.
After removal Demo.zxx program every time it start trying to create and save a new container.

2.2. When I run the TT is attempting to connect to the Internet. Attempts to disable e-mail is not received and changes are not saved.

How can I completely disable the e-mail?
(Translated http://translate.google.com)

P.S. I have no errors when closing the program, but after the closure the process is closed after 15-40 seconds.

mtirnanic

#60 Post by mtirnanic »

totaltextv0.a078 has been released and has resolved mentioned issues.

V 0.A078
--------
* Various code improvements.
# Fixed another crash on exit bug.
# Fixed configuration not being properly saved bug.
* Auto Check for update has been set to "false" by default now as to many people can't figure out that an application needs to connect to the "INTERNET" to see if there is an update.
# Fixed Association bug.