PixBuilder Studio - free photo editing software

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Emka

PixBuilder Studio - free photo editing software

#1 Post by Emka »

PixBuilder Studio is a free image editing software program for digital photo editing, images processing, and resizing. For digital photo editing, you can use its many professional quality functions.
PixBuilder Studio allows you to use the following color management functions: brightness/contrast management, color balance, and levels manipulation. For professional results, you can use the curves function. In PixBuilder Studio, to carry out great, professional looking photo editing, you can manipulate the image with color channels. Layers concept, multi-step undo, gradients and masks support, and text layers support all make PixBuilder Studio a great graphics software program for image processing and creating illustration.
You can also use flexible selection transform and management functions for drawing complex raster shapes and effects or use the built-in shapes drawing tool. For other complex goals, you can use the built-in high quality effects, such as different blur types, sharpen effects, and others. By using the web safe palette and save with preview function, you can easily create web graphics in any of the most popular formats you want: JPEG, GIF, PNG, and more.
For other needs, you can use a standard set of graphics software features: rotating, resizing, stamp tool, clone tool, healing brush tool, and many others. The dockable interface concept helps you to organize your workspace according to your individual wishes and makes your work more effective.
homepage: http://www.wnsoft.com/pixbuilder/
review: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-ti ... ting-tool/

The installer offers a portable mode, allegedly storing all settings in the application folder.
I have not (yet) tested it.

I am Baas

Re: PixBuilder Studio - free photo editing software

#2 Post by I am Baas »

1. Download PixBuilder installer and uniextract.
2. The application files are in the {app} folder
3. Open a text editor and insert the following:

Code: Select all

[portable]
portable=1
save as PortableFlag (no extension)
4. Delete TryPTE.exe, 1.bmp, and unnecessary language files.
5. Launch PixBuilder.exe

Settings: PixBuilder.ini in application folder

lautrepay

#3 Post by lautrepay »

Nice find, Emka. A good contender for RealWorld Paint.

Emka

#4 Post by Emka »

Thanks for checking, Baas. (How do you find out what to write into what kind of file and so on...?)

I have posted it to the db: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2216
You can vote!

Checker

#5 Post by Checker »

@ Emka: Very good find :!: ... 5 voting points from me :wink:
@ I am Baas: Thanks for the instructions :!:

Emka

#6 Post by Emka »

Has anyone tried the portable installation mode yet?

I am Baas

#7 Post by I am Baas »

Emka wrote:Has anyone tried the portable installation mode yet?
I tried the portable installation mode when you first submitted PixBuilder. First, the installer requires admin rights to run and the acceptance of eula. Second, it will ask to install PicturesToExe (opt-in). Finally, at the end of the installation process it will launche http://www.wnsoft.com/pixbuilder/thank-you/#pixbuilder. Oh, it also creates uninstall files (unins000.dat, unins000.exe, and unins000.msg).

I would stick to the uniextract method.

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

The interface seems to require a large monitor, but the toolbars were movable, which I recommend. It's also not very intuitive. For example if you wanted to draw a filled square / elipse, you have to change the setting in the "Tools" panel. If you want to have a consistently sized square, you hold shift (although it appears to only do a rectangle and not an exact square). It felt like these would require having worked with a similar graphics programs before.

Still, gets fairly close to Paint.NET in terms of speed and features, and of course portable where Paint.NET is not.