Avanti GUI

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
I am Baas

Avanti GUI

#1 Post by I am Baas »

Midas

Re: Avanti GUI

#2 Post by Midas »

Old topic update: this is now Avanti GUI official forum topic (to be updated further ASAP).

For now, I'll just add that the original suggestion post is at http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 246#p14246 ...

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

further details on stealth breaching traces would be welcome additions
I tested Avanti GUI v0.7.9 (I did not have a file to process on my test machine; I just launched Avanti and changed a few settings, thus test results may be incomplete)

\user\current\AppData\Roaming\Gui4Cli

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\G4c
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gui4Cli\G4c
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui\AVANTI
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui\AVBROWSE
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui\AVSHOW
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui\AVTLOAD
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui\AVTSAVE
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gui4Cli\Gui

Midas

#4 Post by Midas »

Great! Thanks for that, Baas. 8)

EDIT: warning concerning Avanti v0.9.3 posted to http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.p ... mment27752...

Also, the following is now found in the current version help file:
  • Avanti and the "Windows OS" registry.

Avanti runs on the Gui4Cli script interpreter which will write a main "Gui4Cli" key with a limited number of sub-keys to the "Windows OS" registry. These mainly contain window and listview column positions.

If you run Avanti on a host machine, e.g. from a USB memory stick, you may want to clean up the registry from these keys when the job is done. You can do this with the <Ctrl-Shift-F5> key combination. It will pop up a message box with details and asks to confirm the operation. After it removed the Gui4Cli related keys, it uses a special exit procedure to avoid that Gui4Cli tries to update any of the related keys.

You should not launch Avanti again hereafter because then Gui4Cli will consider that as a first run and creates the keys again. If you still need to launch Avanti again for some reason, you need to repeat the clean-up procedure.

Avanti checks if the Gui4Cli core (develop environment) is installed on the system or if other Gui4Cli based applications make use of it. In that case it will only remove the Avanti related sub-keys from the registry.
Last but not least, Avanti will always complain about UPX compressed ffMPEG executables...