Video To Video

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
webfork

Re: Video To Video

#16 Post by webfork »

So Firefox is for some reason listing this file as evil and is blocking it, even from Softpedia. This despite VirusTotal giving it a clean bill of health (0/56): https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/d991 ... /analysis/ .

*shrug*

smaragdus

#17 Post by smaragdus »

@webfork
Try to download Video to Video with a less evil browser- I tested the website with Pale Moon, K-Meleon, SRWare Iron, Slimjet and with the last Firefox version before abominable Australis and I had no problems at all.

webfork

#18 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote:@webfork
Try to download Video to Video with a less evil browser- I tested the website with Pale Moon, K-Meleon, SRWare Iron, Slimjet
I actually consider Firefox to be the least evil of the set you've provided for reasons I can get into if anyone cares, excluding maybe K-Meleon. I could get on board with "paranoid" but, with recent events from Chrome, it's about the same level of paranoid.
Last edited by webfork on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [better wording]

smaragdus

#19 Post by smaragdus »

I actually consider Firefox to be the least evil of the set you've provided for reasons I can get into if anyone cares, excluding maybe K-Meleon. I could get on board with "paranoid" but, with recent events from Chrome, it's about the same level of paranoid.
This is off-topic but what do you have against Pale Moon? I have been a Firefox user from very early times but with every new release Firefox disappoints me more an more- slower, heavier, more and more bloated with useless third party stuff, crash-prone, I am not willing to install add-one (which are likely to become incompatible with next releases) to restore removed functionality. More- I do not tolerate third party tools integrated into Firefox. And even more- I cannot stand the Chrome-ish GUI. I consider Firefox and Opera the most evil of browsers because once they were the best but both Firefox and Opera developers betrayed their loyal users. While Google Chrome is evil by default. I will keep my old version of Firefox (28.0) until it possible and later I will have to switch to another browser (most likely- either Pale Moon or SeaMonkey). I find some of the Chrome clones tolerable but not as much as becoming my default browser.

webfork

#20 Post by webfork »

smaragdus wrote:what do you have against Pale Moon?
I have gone on about this at great length in other threads but the short version is their project's insistence on non-standard licensing.