Hasher [Lite]

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
USB_Kx

Hasher [Lite]

#1 Post by USB_Kx »

Hasher 1.00

Program emerged as a result of a BackUp Utility project break-up. Basic idea for this part of the project is to calculate hash/checksum for a file. Has a simple interface for comparing Hashes of two files dropped to the form sequentially, and it also can calculate a Hash for a string. Supported Hashes/Checksums: SHA1, MD5, CRC32, ELF, SUM64.

download

http://www.den4b.com/downloads.php?project=Hasher

ini file settings

Ttech

#2 Post by Ttech »

I'll vouch for this program as portable.

den4b

Hasher

#3 Post by den4b »

Hasher has undergone a complete redevelopment process, it now has a new interface an new features.

The old description is now obsolete. Can somebody update it please?

Entry: http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1347

Suggested description from official product page:
den4b.com wrote:Hashing utility for verifying integrity of files using a wide range of supported algorithms: CRC32, MD2, MD4, MD5, SHA1, SHA256, SHA512, RipeMD128, RipeMD160, ED2K.

All processed files are logged and ready for export to a number of different verification file formats: SFV, MD5SUM, SHA1SUM. Multiple hash types can be generated simultaneously per file. Handy hash and file comparison functions, such as holding SHIFT to compare to next file or CTRL to compare two files, will make this task a breeze.
Also, the currently used screenshot seems of low quality. Can it also be updated?

Checker

Re: Hasher

#4 Post by Checker »

@ den4b: Done ... and welcome to TPFC :wink:

den4b

#5 Post by den4b »

Checker wrote:@ den4b: Done ... and welcome to TPFC :wink:
Thanks!

webfork

Re: Hasher 1.00

#6 Post by webfork »

With a file limit of 100 files per run, I wouldn't use this for change detection as who only needs to monitor < 100 files on a system? Also I couldn't figure out how to evaluate an existing hash (sfv) or a log file the program itself generates.

The real winners for this program are:

1. The easy drag and drop while holding the shift key to compare successive files
2. The log window that shows several hash data points in a row

Both of those additions to are simple, cool, and very useful. Very impressive and the log window was just a great idea.

Plus, there's really nothing more secure than running 11 different hash algorythms on every single file you test (if wholely unnecessary). :)

Wishlist:

* Create logfiles with relative pathways (not very portable)
* Create verification files with descriptive file types (e.g. .sfv, .md5sum, etc.)
* The batch file verification system. Either fix or -- if it's already there -- point it out to me.
* I gave it a single 10 gig file and it threw up the "100 file limit" error message. I don't know if this is an issue or not.

den4b

Re: Hasher 1.00

#7 Post by den4b »

* Create log files with relative pathways (not very portable)
When you are saving the log file there is an option to use the full path or just the filename.

* Create verification files with descriptive file types (e.g. .sfv, .md5sum, etc.)
Yes, you can do that from the main menu or from within the log viewer. Look for "save log" option.

* The batch file verification system. Either fix or -- if it's already there -- point it out to me.
The exporting to SFV and SUM file is already implemented. Verification of these files is next on the list to be implemented.

* I gave it a 10 gig file and it threw up the "100 file limit" error message. I don't know if this is an issue or not.
That shouldn't happen. I've tested with a 14 gig file and it works fine. Can you please try again and record the exact steps if it happens again?

den4b

#8 Post by den4b »

When you get a chance please update "Unicode support" to YES.

(Old version 1.20 did not support Unicode, new version does)

Checker

#9 Post by Checker »

@ den4b: Done :wink: