Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
avi-aryan

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#31 Post by avi-aryan »

tproli wrote:Btw, you can use LICEcap for the capture:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... 20&t=14454
I didn't knew about LICEcap and had a tough time collecting the frames from recorded video AND so thanks, I would see it.
trpoli wrote:It is more informative but a bit fast for me. Perhaps a general demo (without advanced stuffs) would be enough for an intro, and each advanced features (remove formatting, cancelling paste, removing clips, export, etc) could be demonstrated with new GIFs.
I was thinking it is a bit fast but I let it be. I will try something with LICEcap.
trpoli wrote:The icon on the systray would look better without the white rectangle (outside the red circle).
I can help you with this if you need (please tell what format/sizes you need).
That would be nice of you. I am not a good artist and was not able to remove the white from the background.
I would like a .ico same as one at https://github.com/avi-aryan/Clipjump/b ... o?raw=true

avi-aryan

#32 Post by avi-aryan »

tproli

#33 Post by tproli »

See the icon attached. There are 2 alternative versions + the Fireworks source.

Image indexes in the .ico file are changed. If that is not OK I will change it according to the supplied iconx.ico.
Attachments
icon-clipjump.zip
(236.16 KiB) Downloaded 329 times

avi-aryan

#34 Post by avi-aryan »

tproli wrote:See the icon attached. There are 2 alternative versions + the Fireworks source.

Image indexes in the .ico file are changed. If that is not OK I will change it according to the supplied iconx.ico.
Thank you, I immediately put them to use in the v8.5
Clipjump v8.5 released wrote: Minor changes in History Tool
Instapaste feature updated
Minor bug fixes

tproli

#35 Post by tproli »

Great, thanks!

If you have some time please change "trpoli" to "tproli" in the next release, looks nicer :)

Incognito mode could have a greyed out icon on the systray, what do you think?
(so the outer red circle would be black, too)

avi-aryan

#36 Post by avi-aryan »

tproli wrote:If you have some time please change "trpoli" to "tproli" in the next release, looks nicer :)
Oh sorry, I will change it.
tproli wrote:Incognito mode could have a greyed out icon on the systray, what do you think?
(so the outer red circle would be black, too)
You are right, that would be nice.. Can you suggest a portable app here for working with icons as easiest as it gets.
IcoFX hurts !
PS- Thanks for LICEcap, just a fantastic thing is it.

Midas

#37 Post by Midas »

Just downloaded Clipjump v8.5 from webpage link (finally!). Looking real good.

Would still love to see my previous suggestion of Enter as Insta-Paste from history window...

BTW, 'History' shortcut being defined by default to "Win + C" in the '[Advanced]' section of 'Clipjump.ini' suggests the possibility of alternative syntax for shortcut definition; default one relies on the following table of equivalences:

Code: Select all

Last edited by Midas on Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

tproli

#38 Post by tproli »

I used Greenfish Icon Editor Editor Pro:
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1420

I only created the 256x256 icon and let GFIE create the other sizes (open the image, right click on its thumbnail and select "Create Windows icon from image", then check the sizes from the matrix. I used the default settings here + 256px size from 16 and 256 colors).

Also attached 3 versions of the incognito icon (black, dark grey and not so dark grey).
Attachments
incognito.zip
(100.85 KiB) Downloaded 345 times

I am Baas

#39 Post by I am Baas »

avi-aryan

#40 Post by avi-aryan »

Midas wrote:Would still love to see my previous suggestion of Enter as Insta-Paste from history window...
I will make that shortcut customizable in the next version especially because it is in high demand.
Midas wrote:BTW, 'History' shortcut being defined by default to "Win + C" in the '[Advanced]' section of 'Clipjump.ini' suggests the possibility of alternative syntax for shortcut definition; default one relies on the following table of equivalences:

I don't understand , are you familiar with the Autohotkey way to define Hotkeys. In AutoHotkey, WIN+C is #c .
I made a function to convert AHK shortcut to standard shortcut and vice versa and use that in Clipjump so that the end users understand what they do.
tproli wrote: attached 3 versions of the incognito icon (black, dark grey and not so dark grey).
Thanks
Ya, I saw it when someone on the AHK Topic posted the link. :D

Midas

#41 Post by Midas »

avi-aryan wrote:
Midas wrote:BTW, 'History' shortcut being defined by default to "Win + C" in the '[Advanced]' section of 'Clipjump.ini' suggests the possibility of alternative syntax for shortcut definition; default one relies on the following table of equivalences:

I don't understand, are you familiar with the Autohotkey way to define Hotkeys. In AutoHotkey, WIN+C is #c .
I made a function to convert AHK shortcut to standard shortcut and vice versa and use that in Clipjump so that the end users understand what they do.
Sadly, I'm not really that familiar with AHK. But now that you mention it, would the addition of a line like "WINKEY = #" to the table be correct? And can a verbatim form (as in "SHIFT + F1") be used as alternative?

Anyway, thanks for considering my suggestions. 8)

avi-aryan

#42 Post by avi-aryan »

Midas wrote: Sadly, I'm not really that familiar with AHK. But now that you mention it, would the addition of a line like "WINKEY = #" to the table be correct? And can a verbatim form (as in "SHIFT + F1") be used as alternative?
Anyway, thanks for considering my suggestions. 8)
I am not sure what you are suggesting ? Do you want the Ini to declare shortcuts as #c in place of Win+C ?

Shift+F1 can be used as a shortcut for History Tool. With the power of AutoHotkey, something like

PageUp + End
can also be used as the shortcut for the tool though it is recommend only if you don't use the PageUp key. :mrgreen:

apph

#43 Post by apph »

I use F8 as the shortcut for history manager. thanks avi and you should keep going.

PS - sorry, a bit offtopic but i will like to ask that when will i become R1. Current reputation is 0.

I am Baas

#44 Post by I am Baas »

apph wrote:PS - sorry, a bit offtopic but i will like to ask that when will i become R1. Current reputation is 0.
Oh no, you should have not posed this question... resetting your counter... :P

avi-aryan

#45 Post by avi-aryan »

Request:-
The Clipjump page at portablefreeware http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=2523 reads --
transferring everything copied (via CTRL+C)
whereas Clipjump actually transferrs everything copied to Clipboard to itself. This is a big plus in Clipjump and so the above statement hurts. It should be -
transferring everything copied to the system Clipboard
Also the formatting remover is a temporary thing and is acted when only when some data is pasted. It doesn't actually trim clips of formatting. Please change this too.
Formatting Remover - available formatting removal for plain text