Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
Midas

Re: Clipjump : Multiple Clipboards Manager

#61 Post by Midas »

Clipjump has proven to be the best new clipboard manager in ages.

For me, there's just one thing missing for it to be perfect: instead of the default 'CTRL' and repeated 'V' to navigate back in clipboard history (and 'C', to go forward), which does get cumbersome with clumsy fingers like mine (and over long histories), I would like to have a way to do it via keyboard shortcut.

My preference, as I use in another clipboard manager, would be to set 'CTRL+SHIFT+UP' to navigate back in history (and 'CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN' to navigate forward), with the single entries being displayed as a tooltip and getting selected when 'CTRL+SHIFT' are released, and then pasted with the usual 'CTRL+V'.

Should this ever get implemented, then I'll have no quibbles declaring Clipjump the tip top clipboard manager... ;)

BTW, for purely cosmetic reasons, a little padding clear space would do wonders for the contents of the About dialog.

avi-aryan

#62 Post by avi-aryan »

Midas wrote:Clipjump has proven to be the best new clipboard manager in ages..
Thanks
Midas wrote:For me, there's just one thing missing for it to be perfect: instead of the default 'CTRL' and repeated 'V' to navigate back in clipboard history (and 'C', to go forward), which does get cumbersome with clumsy fingers like mine (and over long histories), I would like to have a way to do it via keyboard shortcut.

My preference, as I use in another clipboard manager, would be to set 'CTRL+SHIFT+UP' to navigate back in history (and 'CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN' to navigate forward), with the single entries being displayed as a tooltip and getting selected when 'CTRL+SHIFT' are released, and then pasted with the usual 'CTRL+V'.
If you feel the C and V are very close to each other , you can change the Paste-Mode shortcut (V) in the Settings to something like B or N or M . Don't you think Ctrl + Shift + Up will be a bit slow in navigating clipboards ? Also I would like to preserve the originality of Clipjump and so I currently don't think of such a huge change.

EDIT - If your Paste-Mode is set to preserve large amount of clips (much more than the default 20) , then you can hold Ctrl and then (hold) V (or C) to navigate clips at the speed of light.

Checker

#63 Post by Checker »

Updated to v9.02 Image

apph

#64 Post by apph »

@avi-aryan
thanks for the "pit" channel, it is very useful at useless times :mrgreen:

tproli

#65 Post by tproli »

Busy weekend, isn't it, Checker? :)

Edit:
I guess Midas was thinking this kind of padding:
clipjump-about.gif

Checker

#66 Post by Checker »

tproli wrote:Busy weekend, isn't it, Checker? :)
:lol:

Midas

#67 Post by Midas »

avi-aryan wrote:
Midas wrote:For me, there's just one thing missing for it to be perfect: instead of the default 'CTRL' and repeated 'V' to navigate back in clipboard history (and 'C', to go forward), which does get cumbersome with clumsy fingers like mine (and over long histories), I would like to have a way to do it via keyboard shortcut.

If you feel the C and V are very close to each other , you can change the Paste-Mode shortcut (V) in the Settings to something like B or N or M . Don't you think Ctrl + Shift + Up will be a bit slow in navigating clipboards ? Also I would like to preserve the originality of Clipjump and so I currently don't think of such a huge change.

EDIT - If your Paste-Mode is set to preserve large amount of clips (much more than the default 20) , then you can hold Ctrl and then (hold) V (or C) to navigate clips at the speed of light.
I know this might be difficult for a young man to figure, but your hands will not retain the same firmness and precision forever... So this isn't really a question of the choice of key combination, but of tolerance to clumsy fingered operation. :twisted:

Now seriously, having different shortcuts for history navigation and actual copy/pasting really helps people like myself. Moreover, for a programmer as skilled as you seem to be, I don't really think the two modes would be mutually exclusive -- you could just keep the current mode as default, while offering the user some choice for further customization...

But, hey, you're the one at the wheel. Thanks for even considering my suggestions, and keeping the conversation going here. 8)

avi-aryan

#68 Post by avi-aryan »

Midas wrote:Now seriously, having different shortcuts for history navigation and actual copy/pasting really helps people like myself. Moreover, for a programmer as skilled as you seem to be, I don't really think the two modes would be mutually exclusive -- you could just keep the current mode as default, while offering the user some choice for further customization...

But, hey, you're the one at the wheel. Thanks for even considering my suggestions, and keeping the conversation going here. 8)
Sorry, but I am not sure I would be able to add something like this.

avi-aryan

#69 Post by avi-aryan »

Clipjump v9.1 released
Made History Tool to show size of items in the window rather the Total Size in the Status bar.
Added a new setting 'is_duplicate_copied' to abandon Clipjump copying duplicate consecutive clips.
Improvements in the preview functionality , better aspect ratio adjustments.

avi-aryan

#70 Post by avi-aryan »

v9.4 b1 released for Testing
Added PitSwap feature (Ctrl+Shift+Z)
A better History preview window . Resizes picture automatically with window resize . Highlights searched text
Now possible to jump channels directly with Up-Down keys in the Paste-Mode.
Added 'Reset Clipjump' option in About window to sort of uninstall Clipjump.
History Tool is now both faster and more accurate in searching and loading.
Performance improvements in Paste-mode navigation
Bug fixed where the Preview Right Click option in History tool will not work.
Learn more about beta @ http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/9 ... ntry617866

DOWNLOAD

avi-aryan

#71 Post by avi-aryan »

Clipjump v9.5
  • Added PitSwap feature (Ctrl+Shift+Z)
  • A better History preview window . Resizes picture automatically with window resize . Highlights searched text
  • Now possible to jump channels directly with Up-Down keys in the Paste-Mode.
  • Added 'Partial Search' algorithm in History Tool for better, user-friendly searches.
  • Added 'Reset Clipjump' option in About window to sort of uninstall Clipjump.
  • History Tool is now both faster and more accurate in searching and loading.
  • Performance improvements in Paste-mode navigation
  • Bug fixed where the Preview Right Click option in History tool will not work.

avi-aryan

#72 Post by avi-aryan »

v9.7
Added Action Mode (Ctrl+Shift+A) . One place to execute all the functionalities in Clipjump.
New 'Disable Clipjump' option available in the tray as well as Action Mode.
Made Clipjump suitable to work with all keyboard layouts.
Re-organised Tray menu.
'One Time Stop' and 'Copy active folder path' have no default shortcuts now. They can be used from Action Mode as well as their custom shortcut can be created.
Delete All mode now has a confirmation routine.
History Partial setting is now saved at program exit.
Fixed bug with Shortcuts not being unhooked after they were changed.

Checker

#73 Post by Checker »

@ avi-aryan: Thanks ... and updated :wink:

avi-aryan

#74 Post by avi-aryan »

Checker wrote:@ avi-aryan: Thanks ... and updated :wink:
Thanks ... and updated to v9.7.2
[*]Bug fix in No-Formatting option
[*]Bug fix in the Update Dialog Box
[*]Added Translate option to the Help File