CDisplayEx

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
macdaddy88

CDisplayEx

#1 Post by macdaddy88 »

Category: Image Viewers

Synopsis: Based on CDisplayEx. "CDisplayEx is a Comic reader based on CDisplay. It uses the popular 7-zip plugins to read many archives types like cbr cbz cbt rar zip tar 7z lzh arj cab tar.gz tar.bz2. It supports jpeg png gif and bmp images." This is the same app just packaged in the PortableApps.com format. It also leaves out a dll and a batch file which may cause the app to hang if it is used portably.

Writes settings to: Application folder. No registry entries.

Stealth: No

Unicode support: Yes

License: Freeware/Opensource

System Requirements: Win2K / WinXP / Vista

http://portableapps.com/node/9252

freakazoid

#2 Post by freakazoid »

Sorry for the old bump.

The PortableApps version has been in RC1 mode for quite a while.

Can someone check to see if the official .ZIP is already portable?
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile ... _id=444218

If the .ZIP package isn't portable, I'll probably ask joby_toss to JauntePE it!

Thanks!

joby_toss

#3 Post by joby_toss »

macdaddy88 described its behavior well: settings written to its own folder and no registry entries (relevant); it is not stealth though (but nothing to worry about).
Don't think JPE is needed here.

macdaddy88

Yes it works

#4 Post by macdaddy88 »

I need to have the folks at PA.com finalize the .paf formating, but the portable version I created does work if you want to use it.

webfork

Re: CDisplayEx

#5 Post by webfork »

I downloaded the new version (v 1.9.16) and it's requesting MSVCP100.DLL on Win32. I pulled that down into first the application folder and then /windows/system32 without success. Any suggestions?

SYSTEM

#6 Post by SYSTEM »

webfork wrote:I downloaded the new version (v 1.9.16) and it's requesting MSVCP100.DLL on Win32. I pulled that down into first the application folder and then /windows/system32 without success. Any suggestions?
Copying msvcp100.dll to the application folder should work. Are you sure you copied its 32-bit version?

If all else fails, try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable.
My YouTube channel | Release date of my 13th playlist: August 24, 2020

webfork

#7 Post by webfork »

system wrote: Copying msvcp100.dll to the application folder should work. Are you sure you copied its 32-bit version?
I pulled it from our site: http://www.portablefreeware.com/downloads/msvcp100.zip so I would assume so...
system wrote:If all else fails, try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable.
Yeah that did it, thanks :)

Checker

#8 Post by Checker »

Call it german "Gründlichkeit", but it's "CDisplay Ex" and not "CDisplayEx" :wink:
See

I changed the database entry accordingly.

webfork

#9 Post by webfork »

Checker wrote:Call it german "Gründlichkeit", but it's "CDisplay Ex" and not "CDisplayEx"
Cool, thanks. Good call.

joby_toss

#10 Post by joby_toss »

Same as Loonier, I was not able to extract v1.10.29 (x86, nor x64) using UE, although it appears to be created with Inno Setup v5.5.0, which is supported by innounp v0.40. So I installed it (using Sandboxie):

The install/uninstall procedure is not advisable, because it leaves some traces into the registry and because of the above.
Yes, the developer has to eat, but I see no mention of the bundleware anywhere on his website.

You can use InnoExtractor (not portable, but JPE works fine with it) to open the executable and see all the files (it's not able to extract them), including the o.pen c.andy library.

Maybe the installer includes some kind of protection to force the user to go through the installation process, I don't know...

P.S. I made 2 archives with all the extracted files (x86 and x64). If anyone still wants this app and trusts me (not advisable because all I have is my word that I did not alter the files in any way after my clean installation), PM me for the download links.

Midas

#11 Post by Midas »

joby_toss wrote:P.S. I made 2 archives with all the extracted files (x86 and x64). If anyone still wants this app and trusts me (not advisable because all I have is my word that I did not alter the files in any way after my clean installation), PM me for the download links.
  • Really dig your disclaimer, joby_toss, but I would have those links... :mrgreen:

I am Baas

#12 Post by I am Baas »

Thanks joby_toss. I had an older version; 1.10.19, in my collection but I just removed it. CDisplayEx belongs where Tapin Radio does... in the recycle bin.

I am Baas

#13 Post by I am Baas »

You can use InnoExtractor (not portable, but JPE works fine with it)
InnoExtractor can be installed as portable application.

Any idea what the extra features of the InnoExtractor Plus are?

joby_toss

#14 Post by joby_toss »

I am Baas wrote:InnoExtractor can be installed as portable application.
Yes, you're right! You have to choose an installation folder outside ProgramFiles and select Portable mode during installation, or change the line UbicacionData=AppData to UbicacionData=App in the Init.dat file after using UE on installer.
I am Baas wrote:Any idea what the extra features of the InnoExtractor Plus are?
I see no mention of a Plus version on the homepage, but I see it in the Help menu. No idea.

P.S. we should move this discussion here: http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =6&t=21350

the_watcher

#15 Post by the_watcher »

Hi guys, thought it would be nice to share my experience with CDisplayEx ver.1.10.29 x64. I wanted to do it for quite some time, but today i saw the discussion here, so it was time. I decided to try the new version, because I found a post at their forum, Can/is CDisplayEX portable?, claiming it was portable. I was also unable to extract it using universal extractor, according to our instructions, so i've run the installer. And i've tried it twice, on 2 different machines. I didn't get any of the screens joby posted above, maybe they exist only in the x32 setup file. To me, the application is portable. I haven't checked very well for files though, nor the registry for entries. But it seems to save everything in a db file inside its folder.

This is how to intall CDisplayEx as a portable app, according to the post at their forums:
Launch installer and change the default install path to your USB key for example
In the components to install you have to uncheck:
- Uninstallable
- File association
- Thumbnails in Explorer

Finish installation and it will be portable.