[ WinNMP / WTServer ] WT-NMP

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lwc

[ WinNMP / WTServer ] WT-NMP

#1 Post by lwc »

Please vote for its submission!

And if you have any idea how to run its installer without either letting it install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or using a sandbox, please feel free to share.

webfork

Re: WT-NMP

#2 Post by webfork »

lwc wrote:And if you have any idea how to run its installer without either letting it install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable or using a sandbox, please feel free to share.
That might have been something you asked about before creating a submission.
Last edited by webfork on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Deleted the bit about a required install as that makes *no* sense.

Midas

#3 Post by Midas »

Couldn't the runtime files be identified and a place inside the program folder tested? This is a special kind of software that has broad appeal, especially with the web developers crowd...

lwc

WTServer (formerly WT-NMP)

#4 Post by lwc »

I've submitted it in January 2016, but it's still set to Private.
Care to make it public?
It's a really useful portable software!
Last edited by lwc on Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

billon

#5 Post by billon »

Now it's WTServer

lwc

#6 Post by lwc »

You're right, I've updated the (still private) listing accordingly.

Midas

Re: WinNMP (formerly WTServer / WT-NMP)

#7 Post by Midas »

Topic update: wt-nmp/WTServer/WinNMP v19.07 released (https://winnmp.wtriple.com/changelog).
A portable, preconfigured, lightweight, fast and stable server stack for developing php mysql applications on windows, based on the excellent webserver Nginx. A lighter alternative to XAMPP and WAMP.

On a personal note, let it be known that I only upvote programs that I use myself -- or that I've used enough in the past as to be reasonably confident they'll stand on their own merit. Webservers are way too complex for that.

On further thought, the WT-NMP name of the software is kind of cryptic and it might be hindering its outreach. I'd advise the developers to change it to something like "WT Server" -- which I now notice they did, so how about "WiNMAP"?... :wink:

WinNMP was previously known as WTServer (for 2 years) and WT-NMP for (3 years).

Sourceforge repo is at https://wtnmp.sourceforge.io/.

freakazoid

Re: [ WinNMP / WTServer ] WT-NMP

#8 Post by freakazoid »

Usually you hear of WAMP (Windows Apache MySQL PHP) servers, in this case, WinNMP stands for Windows Nginx MariaDB PHP.

That's probably why it's named that way.
is it stealth? ;)

lwc

#9 Post by lwc »

Just bumping in case anyone wants to vote for it. It might be abandonware by now, but so are many other entries, and yet they're public. It was very good for its time.

Andrew Lee

#10 Post by Andrew Lee »

Sorry for being late to the party, but I voted. It's rare to include nginx in the package (the default is Apache for others), plus adminer for mysql administration. Cool!

TPFC uses nginx and mariadb in the backend, so conceivably it should be able to run under WT-NMP as a test environment.

BTW, I did download and install the package under Sandboxie to extract the files. The MSVC redistributable didn't bother me much (it took only a few secs and was gone before I could hit the cancel button). Getting the manager up-and-running, and loading the demo site in the web browser was a breeze.