IMAPSize

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
lwc

IMAPSize

#1 Post by lwc »

IMAPSize is an old program but still has no competition.
It's small, portable and lets you upload e-mail messages into remote IMAP folders (very useful for migration).
It provides open source to whomever wants to inherit it.
It runs perfectly fine in Gmail and Outlook.com via Windows 10.

Could you vote to make it public?

Midas

Re: IMAPSize

#2 Post by Midas »

:idea: Some further info to help prospective users.
IMAPSize is a freeware Windows application that allows you to quickly and efficiently manage your IMAP mail accounts. It is not another mail client. The main purpose of IMAPSize is to locate space consuming folders and allow you to manage them, hence putting your storage quota under control. To accomplish this task IMAPSize offers a variety of useful (and some unique) operations.
NOTE: Please be advised that IMAPSize is no longer under active development since 2009. It is not likely that any updates will be released and unfortunately I am not in a position to provide any support for it. However, the software still works as expected so feel free to give it a spin!
Posted on September 17th, 2016: After a long period of project inactivity I am happy to announce that the IMAPSize source code has been released to the public. According to the download stats, IMAPSize is still widely used for maintaining IMAP accounts. However, technologies are changing and IMAPSize is slowly becoming outdated in some aspects...

IMAPSize last release (v0.3.7, dated 2009-02-19) cand be downloaded from http://www.broobles.com/imapsize/download.php.

lwc

#3 Post by lwc »

Just bumping in case anyone wants to vote for it. It might be abandonware by now, but so are many other entries, and yet they're public.

It was and still is the only program in the world that's a standalone portable program for uploading files via IMAP. What killed it is lack of support for OAuth.

Andrew Lee

#4 Post by Andrew Lee »

I honestly thought this was already in the database!

In fact, I still have it in my regular stash, but last launch date was many years back.

lwc

#5 Post by lwc »

Andrew Lee wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:01 pm I honestly thought this was already in the database!

In fact, I still have it in my regular stash, but last launch date was many years back.
So will you vote to make it public? :D

Andrew Lee

#6 Post by Andrew Lee »

Think I will let others who have more experience with the util do it.

Two reasons:

1) It has been a long time since I last used it, and I probably won't be using it for the foreseeable future. In fact, I have already removed it from my stash after your post made me rediscover that I have it.

2) The fact that it won't support GMail is kinda of a major bummer. It is probably still useful for someone who manages IMAP servers professionally, but I suspect some shell scripting at that level would be a more convenient way of flagging disk space overruns.

lwc

#7 Post by lwc »

Andrew Lee wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:55 pm 2) The fact that it won't support GMail is kinda of a major bummer. It is probably still useful for someone who manages IMAP servers professionally, but I suspect some shell scripting at that level would be a more convenient way of flagging disk space overruns.
Well, I've edited the record to reflect it's supposed to still support Gmail by using App Passwords+2FA though I didn't try.
As for being useful, for me its main purpose is not checking disk space but uploading messages via IMAP. There are barely any programs that do that, certainly not standalone non commercial tools.