NirSoft IECacheView v 1.12

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
JohnW

NirSoft IECacheView v 1.12

#1 Post by JohnW »

IECacheView reads the cache folder of Internet Explorer, and displays the list of all files currently stored in the cache.
For each cache file, extensive information is displayed. This information can be easily saved in various formats.

The obvious question is 'What are the advantages over the 'Temporary Internet Files' viewer of Windows?

NirSoft makes the following points ...

IECacheView displays only the list of cache files, while the cache view of Windows displays a mix of cookies and cache files.
IECacheView allows you to filter the cache files by file type (image, text, video, audio, or application).
IECacheView allows you to view the cache files of another user or from another disk, while with the Windows viewer, you can only watch the cache of the current logged-on user.
IECacheView displays some columns that are not displayed by the cache viewer of Windows: Content Type, Number of hits, Sub-folder name, and the full-path of the cached filename.
With IECacheView, you can easily select the desired cache items, copy the information to the clipboard, and then paste it into Excel or OpenOffice Spreadsheet.

It's available from ...

Code: Select all

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ie_cache_viewer.html
BTW
I did search for this because I thought it must be in PFC but couldn't find any mention. Apolgies if it's already posted.

MiDoJo

#2 Post by MiDoJo »

lol I didn't believe you so I checked myself.

I don't get it andrew has sooooo many other nirsoft progies why isn't this there.

I guess he feels that if we like one nir progie we can find the rest at the site, after all I am pretty sure ALL of nir's portable.

EDIT:the delete Feature doesn't seem to work in vista or view's noit showing my entire cache (and yes I know I can change where it looks but that's not it)

Queue

#3 Post by Queue »

Have you tried running it as administrator? That might be why delete isn't working on Vista. Just a guess though; had to run HijackThis as admin on Vista or it wouldn't actually delete any entries, as an example.

Queue

MiDoJo

#4 Post by MiDoJo »

yeah, right after I posted that I realized DOH!!! I thought I'd set that flag DOH! :oops:

Nope that wasn't it :(

weirdly the view is redirecting to one of the "low" folders and therefore isn't catching files in the directory it is told to look

I told it to open subfolder blah blah

arrrrrrrg this is a VISTA SP1 thing Please ignore me GRRRRRRR I think Nir needs to revisit if anyone knows/is him please revisit (still love yer other progies though)

JohnW

#5 Post by JohnW »

I had occasion to report to NirSoft a bug on another program.
The bug was confirmed and dealt with extremely quickly.
I have reported this thread to Nir Sofer. I cannot verify it myself as I'm not using Vista at the moment.
Unless it turns out to be a complex problem I have no doubt it will be solved quickly.
As for the other comments - I myself have posted a number of NirSoft utilities which haven't made it to the Database. So have others. And not just NirSoft.
As far as I'm concerned it's no big deal. Just read the Forums. Not much gets through nowadays but the Forums are very useful.