Networx - Bandwidth Monitoring and Usage Reporting

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
wolssiloa

Networx - Bandwidth Monitoring and Usage Reporting

#1 Post by wolssiloa »

NetWorx – Free Bandwidth Monitoring and Usage Reporting

NetWorx is a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.

The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only. The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system.

The incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged to a file, so that you can always view statistics about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration. The reports can be exported to a variety of formats, such as HTML, MS Word and Excel, for further analysis.

Official site:
http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Download the portable version. Verified portability with Total Uninstall.
Program is very similar to NetMeter which is already in the database, but it offers more features. The onscreen graph for Networx doesn't look as nice though.

garbanzo

#2 Post by garbanzo »

i just tried this out, it's fantastic. i've been looking for an app that sits in the tray, and on mouseover, shows a tooltip with the current upload and download rates. this is it!

it can also show a history graph, records statistics and generates reports in all kinds of formats, and even has utilities like ping, netstat, and traceroute built in with nice GUIs for the commandline-challenged :)

definitely a keeper!

joby_toss

Re: Networx - Bandwidth Monitoring and Usage Reporting

#3 Post by joby_toss »

Networx v5.2.0 has a native x64 version included in the archive, so now there are 2 networx.exe files.

Should we change somehow the extracting method description?

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

joby_toss wrote:Networx v5.2.0 has a native x64 version included in the archive, so now there are 2 networx.exe files.

That's confusing. I wish they'd have labeled them.

I'm running a 32 bit OS that worked fine with the two smaller files so I'll update the extract instructions to say that. If someone has access to a 64-bit machine and can verify the larger files are the 64-bit ones, please post.

Edit: Contacted the authors.

joby_toss

#5 Post by joby_toss »

webfork wrote:I'm running a 32 bit OS that worked fine with the two smaller files so I'll update the extract instructions to say that. If someone has access to a 64-bit machine and can verify the larger files are the 64-bit ones, please post.
Yes, the bigger ones are native x64 versions.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

Update: this is a problem with PeaZip. Both Windows' native ZIP manager and 7-zip see the program in \32 and \64 folders. Entry updated and kudos for the author for getting back to me almost immediately.
webfork wrote:
joby_toss wrote:Networx v5.2.0 has a native x64 version included in the archive, so now there are 2 networx.exe files.

That's confusing. I wish they'd have labeled them.

I'm running a 32 bit OS that worked fine with the two smaller files so I'll update the extract instructions to say that. If someone has access to a 64-bit machine and can verify the larger files are the 64-bit ones, please post.

Edit: Contacted the authors.

stisev

#7 Post by stisev »

No longer free! It's payware/license now.

Quick, keep the link for the free version in the site. New version is pay only.

Great app, but won't pay $ for such a specialized fx

shnbwmn

#8 Post by shnbwmn »

@stisev

http://www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ ... =2&t=23186

Edit: just a note that URL parsing doesn't work with HTTPS TPFC forum addresses. Had to remove the "s" to get it parsed.

Midas

#9 Post by Midas »

shnbwmn wrote:Edit: just a note that URL parsing doesn't work with HTTPS TPFC forum addresses. Had to remove the "s" to get it parsed.
  • :roll: I have been meaning to make a post about it, but somehow it slipped my mind... :!:

Over to our honorable founder/moderator. 8)

webfork

#10 Post by webfork »

stisev wrote:No longer free! It's payware/license now.
Thanks for that. Although we discussed it in the other thread, I forgot to update that entry in the SoftPerfect series. Added note.