Arcade!

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
donald

Arcade!

#1 Post by donald »

I have not tested this for true portability, but I have extracted it and it does work.
***Edit: Also no important settings other than those for high score would seem to apply.
Arcade! Classic Arcade Pack v5.10
  • Arcade! Classic Arcade Pack includes nine games: Asteroids, Frogger, Hexxagon, Packman, Pong, Snake, Space Invaders, Tetris and Tic Tac Toe.
Available at both http://www.freewarefiles.com/screenshot ... amid=10871
and http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=471360

I did three searches for this on TPFC

donald

Re: Arcade! Added

#2 Post by donald »

Vote your preference.
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1623

I recommend this for Pacman and Asteroids fans, and all the other games on it as well. (Frogger, Hexxagon, Pong, Snake, Space Invaders, Tetris, and Tic Tac Toe.)

webfork

Re: Arcade!

#3 Post by webfork »

I just retested this program and unfortunately getting the error: "Component 'Flash.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" on Win7x86. I have Flash installed so I'm guessing this is no longer functional past either Windows XP or some earlier version of Flash.

juverax

#4 Post by juverax »

The application seems to work for me on Windows 10 Home Edition.

bitcoin

#5 Post by bitcoin »

works good here on Win7 Pro

surprisingly good quality

Midas

#6 Post by Midas »

Ding-A-Ling wrote: I think flash.ocx is an activex version for Internet Explorer...
Just to make the nature of OCX files a little clearer...
OCX stands for "OLE Control Extension". OCX files were first referred to as Linking and Embedding (OLE [i.e., Object Linking and Embedding]) custom controls, but are known now as ActiveX controls.

bitcoin

#7 Post by bitcoin »

Ding-A-Ling wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:47 am
webfork wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:19 pm I just retested this program and unfortunately getting the error: "Component 'Flash.ocx' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid" on Win7x86. I have Flash installed so I'm guessing this is no longer functional past either Windows XP or some earlier version of Flash.
Like Webfork experienced, I had the "Flash.ocx" error and couldn't get it to work. I think flash.ocx is an activex version for Internet Explorer; whereas I use Firefox and have the Firefox-compatible version of Flash installed. I think that's the reason it works for some people and not others.
this is probably it

i just moved a bunch of stuff to another laptop and got the error on trying to start Arcade!, then installed Adobe Flash for both Internet Explorer and Firefox and now Arcade! works

only downsides of the program so far is that it should be able to save the high scores locally instead of uploading

also, wonder if anyone has tried using a joystick for PacMan or Frogger etc