Mikogo - screen sharing tools

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
crownixx

Mikogo - screen sharing tools

#1 Post by crownixx »

This is my first submission using ADD function :)

Mikogo, a screen sharing tools mainly to do online presentation. More details on below link. And don't forget to vote if you like it
http://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?id=1622

guinness

Re: Mikogo - screen sharing tools

#2 Post by guinness »

I thought it wrote to the Registry and %AppData% folders so this is awesome that the new version is 100% Portable :)

crownixx

#3 Post by crownixx »

Yes, all settings are saved in mikogo-portable.cfg. The developers did great job transforming it into portable app

webfork

#4 Post by webfork »

So this program is up to version 5.10.0: https://mikogo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/art ... ease-Notes but I suspect it's gone through enough changes since it's initial post that it may need to be retested.

JohnW

#5 Post by JohnW »

Much as I normally welcome webfork's pearls of wisdom, I did not feel this was his finest hour.
If you feel it imperative to resurrrect an entry after 10 years I would have hoped for more information.
The Home Site quoted does not make it easy to find the download; I think https://www.mikogo.com/ might be better. The site also gives more info on features.
No mention is made of the various versions some of which are quite expensive.
I understand that after a 14 day trial period the program reverts to a free version. I could not understand if it is too crippled to be worthwhile.
I should add that the only program that I use of a "similar" nature is Skype so I cannot provide any insights into Mikogo but then clearly webfork can't either.

webfork

#6 Post by webfork »

JohnW wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 amMuch as I normally welcome webfork's pearls of wisdom, I did not feel this was his finest hour.
Not sure what i did to deserve that response but okay ...
JohnW wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 4:15 am If you feel it imperative to resurrrect an entry after 10 years I would have hoped for more information.
I'm just a volunteer here. What to you were obvious details, I did not see. A large percentage of what I do on the site is update and maintain old entries, and I do more extensive research when it seems warranted. If it's live in the database it's not "ressurecting" it.

I requested Andrew take the entry offline.