UltraFileSearch

Submit portable freeware that you find here. It helps if you include information like description, extraction instruction, Unicode support, whether it writes to the registry, and so on.
I am Baas

UltraFileSearch

#1 Post by I am Baas »

Ultra File Search is a Search Utility which is able to find quickly Files, Folders and Text on your Local, Network, DVD, CD-ROM, USB Hard or Flash Drives.

Settings: Application folder
Requirements: Windows® NT 4.0 / 2000 / XP / 2003 / Vista / 7

Download portable edition (.zip file size 527 KB)

joby_toss

Re: Ultra File Search V.0.9.8.10068

#2 Post by joby_toss »

I am Baas

#3 Post by I am Baas »

Ouch. Thanks for pointing the finger at me :lol:
I did search the forums b4 posting... nothing came up.

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss »

V.2.0.0.11335 comes as a standard shareware version and another lite freeware version. All the updates are for the shareware one, so no need to upgrade yet. In fact, no need to use this app anymore!

billon

Re: UltraFileSearch

#5 Post by billon »

As mentioned by rbon in entry's comments, starting from version 5.4.0 there is no lite edition, only standard shareware. Can't find previous version on usual sites (again, not searched much), so as usual - downvote, our mirror or something else.

joby_toss wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:48 am In fact, no need to use this app anymore!
joby was right all along back in the 2011 already.

rbon

#6 Post by rbon »

billon wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:16 pm As mentioned by rbon in entry's comments, starting from version 5.4.0 there is no lite edition, only standard shareware. Can't find previous version on usual sites (again, not searched much), so as usual - downvote, our mirror or something else.
@billon
For find previous freeware version I suggesty You the site CCM (Comment Ca Marche):
- Download page: https://www.commentcamarche.net/downloa ... e-portable
- direct download 'UltraFileSearch Lite Portable' ver. 5.3.0.18323 (dernière version): https://www.commentcamarche.net/downloa ... 1#34080644
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to build bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." - Rick Cook.

billon

#7 Post by billon »

@rbon:

Thank you! Updated entry with your link.
But somebody already downvoted, so now it private :lol:

webfork

#8 Post by webfork »

billon wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:18 am Thank you! Updated entry with your link.
But somebody already downvoted, so now it private :lol:
The version posted still has some useful tools and functions, especially in the text search area so I went ahead and upvoted. As of this posting, it's still too low scored to be accepted into the database.

EDIT: user bitcoin was kind enough to upvote it so it's back in the database.