ZScreen 3.28.3.1 available

Submit updates of portable freeware that are already listed in the database.
webfork

ZScreen 3.28.3.1 available

#1 Post by webfork »

I didn't post the update to the official entry because there may have been changes since the last version that rendered it non-portable. I did add a bit to the entry about the the wide feature set and added a categories "Graphics - Color Tools".
Last edited by webfork on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

webfork

Re: ZScreen 3.28.3.1 available

#2 Post by webfork »

Been using this program a lot lately and have a few usage notes that may benefit someone else:
  • Turn off the balloon notification

This feature great for one or two images, but annoying when you do them every 30 seconds or so. Its VERY annoying for an autocapture of the entire screen because the msg shows up in the screen capture.

To turn it off:
    1. View Settings Menu - Options - Interaction tab.
    2. Uncheck "Show balloon tip after upload is complete" (this disables the notifcation, whether or not you upload them)
    3. (This may not be required) Uncheck "open URL/File on Balloon tip check.
  • Screenshot size

When taking screenshots, you can reduce the size by 75% (or even 50%) and the images are still usually very readable.
    1. View Settings Menu - Screenshots - Image Settings
    2. Set "Image Size Ratio" to 75
  • Secure FTP

The program does not currently support SFTP. There's an old howto I did with Tunnelier (not portable) here on the site that could get around that.

webfork

Re: ZScreen 4.9.0.3033

#3 Post by webfork »

... is up. An unstable version was posted just a few days ago (at the time of this writing): v4.9.0.3042