Virus in HideWin?

Ask other users about problems encountered with portable apps or help by posting solutions to existing problems.
knattefnattetjatte

Virus in HideWin?

#1 Post by knattefnattetjatte »

AntiVir says that HideWin "contains signature of the SPR/Tool.CB program". Does anybody have more info on this?

:shock:

dot

#2 Post by dot »

AntiVir, as good as it is, has always been known for its tendency to present false positives. Seems, AntiVir's new version hasn't changed that behaviour. Very unlikely that a recommended, legitimate program from its homepage (unless it's a fake site) should have a trojan. AVG and ClamWin didn't detect anything. You could still try some online antiviruses, but frankly, personally, I wouldn't bother. ;-)

ahoier

#3 Post by ahoier »

I'd say contact AntiVir, and have them re-analyze the program/executable/package. False positives are a possibility for antivirus vendors :P

portackager

#4 Post by portackager »

Norton said the same thing. But I'm sure it's clean.

Yucca

#5 Post by Yucca »

Scans as clean with Computer Associates eTrust ezAntiVirus.

-Yucca

SuperGeek525

#6 Post by SuperGeek525 »

Well if you wanna really be sure...try
http://www.virustotal.com/en/indexf.html
Virustotal offers a free service for scanning suspicious files using several antivirus engines.
The site that i got linked to it through said that it used 30 different antivirus programs to scan the file that u upload to them
(http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/200 ... s-engines/)

I figure the results of many many different antivirus scanners at once is better than relying on one....maybe you could also establish a ratio of false positives as well