Login Cookies

Any other tech-related topics
Darkbee

Login Cookies

#1 Post by Darkbee »

Is there some sort of timeout for the login cookies because although I check the box that says "Log me on automatically each visit", it appears that sometimes I have to log back in. I haven't pinpointed the exact behaviour yet but I'm sure that this has happened just by me being away from the computer for a while and then coming back and refreshing the forum page.

Is anyone else having cookie issues?

admin
Site Admin

#2 Post by admin »

Currently, cookie expiry is disabled. If any of you continue to have problems, please let me know. It's been OK for me so far under Firefox.

jr8rulz

#3 Post by jr8rulz »

I am having the same troubles using opera for staying logged in

Darkbee

#4 Post by Darkbee »

Still having a few problems remaining logged in myself. It's really bizarre and I can't seem to figure any consistent behaviour to reproduce the problem. I've noticed that I usually after returning to a computer that has powered down, sometimes (but not all the time) I get logged out and then I have to sign in twice?! to log back in.

It isn't a major problem for me but it would be nice to know what's happening. It is probably an issue with my configuration because I'm aggressively blocking cookies so perhaps the login cookie is some how being expired?

I'm using Avant Browser, which relies on the Internet Explorer engine and I've tinkered with the privacy settings (mainly just adding websites to not accept cookies from).

cmmehl

#5 Post by cmmehl »

No problems here with portable FF - no log-in since many weeks.

Greetings
Chris

knattefnattetjatte

#6 Post by knattefnattetjatte »

I have no problems with Firefox. In my settings I have chosen to keep cookies until I close the browser and I have added portablefreeware.com to the Exeptions list.

If you have logged in at portablefreeware.com/forums/ and then revisit the page at www.portablefreeware.com/forums/ you need to log in again.